• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

snowmobile trailers?

jig n' jerk

Does anybody know of a good place to go look for a used snowmobile trailer preferably aluminum? I have checked hsolist and seen some but are usually to far away to pick up. I would prefer to buy lightly used to try and get a better deal. I would be looking specifically for a 8x8 or 8x10 two place tilt trailer. I would like to get an enclosed tilt style like a triton or similar. One other question. What would be a reasonable price for a 8x10 tilt, both open and enclosed? Thanks in advance for any thoughts or ideas.

I would check out sledswap.com or buy the Snowmobile and ATV trader that is available at most gas stations. There are generally 10-15 trailers for sale at any given time. I guess for a used 8x10 aluminum I wouldn't pay much over $800. I personally don't care much for 8x8's because of the fact that you are going to have your ski loops sticking over the front end.

My first thought is spend the extra couple hundred and get a drive on and off...those tilts are a pain and dangerous. It doesn't cost a ton more to buy a new one. You can stay away from someone elses headache trailer that way too.

Craig's List rocks! I just found a used boat through Craig's List at a heck of a price.

As for trailers, a good 8x10 aluminum tilt bed is a good enough trailer for me. I'm not sure how they are dangerous other than having the chance you could drive off the front end while loading by accident.