• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Luminocks

harvey lee

I decided to try some Luminocks on my arrows this year.After spending a fair amount of money I wish that I would not have bought them.

I cannot hardly pull the nock back out to turn off the light after shooting them.I would guess that only 1 out of 5-6 shots will the light even go on.

I had one shot where the nock fell out of the end of the shaft.

I talked to another friend that bought and installed them that has had the same issues.

Has anyone else used these and what are your findings?

I dont use them but I was shooting the other night with a friend that does. The brand he uses is called "tracer"..or something like that. The light is turned on and off by a small magnet that is attached to the shelf. Once the nock passes the magnet it is activated or deactivated. He has been using them for awhile and has never had one fail yet. I guess if you dont mind putting a little magnet (Smaller then a penny) on your self, near the arrow rest...that might work for you.

The lumenocks can be a tight fit for some shafts. It's a very useful tool.

If you had one fall out, I would inspect the end of the arrow for a crack. if you are shooting carbon arrows, it is not uncommon to get a crack on the nock end.

Check lumenock's HSOforum for some other tips to get them working more efficiently for you. They can be spendy...but really you only need one...I use only one, on the broadhead...can trail the shot in the woods very effectively.

good luck

I checked the arrow for a cracked shaft and see nothing.The arrows are brand new.It just doesnt seem like the nock is traveling far enough to activate the light.They are the type that activate when the nock is pushed in all the wat to the end of the arrow shaft.Then you pull them back out which is very hard to do.

Harvey:

I love the things. Sounds like it doesn't work that well with those arrows. I'd check the lumenock site for advice on how to cure that problem.

Once you get a good fit, I think you'll like them a ton. I only have one as well, and it's worked great for me for two years now. After losing a deer a few years ago that I thought was hit great (thought I saw the arrow go through the boilerroom, must not have), I've been using it ever since. The guys at doublebull use them alot as well.

Joel

I just got off the phone with one of the archery dudes at Cabin fever and he told me that I was niot pulling the nock out correctly when I was going to turn the light off.I will try this as he says thats all the problem is.

I agree they should be awesome.

if your nock is falling out they will not hold contact....in your little direction sheet that came with the nock it has where to cut a little strip out of the instuctions and put between the inner part of your arrow shaft and the shaft of the nock....it's got to be very snug for them to work properly....it takes 20-30 lbs of force to activate an lluminok....it needs this to push the contacts against the arrow shaft and needs to be snug to hold it there.

I think its 22 grains, not sure about gram to grain conversion so 2.2 grams may be correct. I'm not sure if the 22 grains is 22 grains MORE than a standard nock or if they weight 22 grains themselves. Lumenock HSOforum will have the answer on that and your arrow shaft brand HSOforum should have info on how much the standard nocks weigh.

Best of Luck, go get 'em!