• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Range Finder

nitroant

Looking for advice on a range finder. I understand that you get what you pay for, but I won't use it much, so would like to keep it at $200-$250. What can you guys suggest. We have several stands and would like to range each one, but we don't move them much, so I don't plan to use it much.

I bought a Bushnell yardage pro scout a couple years ago.Nothing fancy and I think I paid around 225 for it.I use it for checking yardage from tree stands and thats about it.I can only say good about it and have never had a problem with it.Good little unit.

What do you mean you wont use it much. If your a bow hunter you will use it everytime you are out. I use mine to mark the distance to spots before I ever see a deer. Its a great way to pass the time while your waiting and like Walleye Guy, I use mine for golf as well.

I have a Nikon 440 and love it. I got mine on hsolist for $165.

Nels

I was just going to suggest the same thing...check out hsolist. If you are a patient enough buyer you can usually get what you are looking for in the price range that you are willing to pay. I have a Nikon Team Realtree 800, that I got for a really good price. I had to bid on quite a few of them before I got one in the price range that I was willing to spend. Plus I saved about $50 on the retail price of the unit that a local retailer was selling it for.