• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Thorne Bros Fall Outing!!!

***Press Release from Thorne Bros***

Rough Rock Rumble! - Thorne Bros Fall Outing!

Date: September 16-23, 2006

Jim Murphy, Luke Ronnestrand and Brett Erickson from Thorne Bros will be at this Fall Outing where John and Sandy Kugler will be hosting everyone for a week of walleye, smallmouth bass, muskie and pike fishing in the Rough Rock area of the Winnipeg River. The fish are known to grow to trophy proportions there and they are typically very fat fish. There are very few places that have the diversity of fish types and abundance that Rough Rock has. Walleye fishing is phenomenal! The Outing is a modified American Plan stay with breakfast and supper to maximize our time on the water. This is an early Fall Outing, so bring everything from shorts to a snowmobile suit!

For Walleyes, bring lots of plain lead head jigs in the 5/8oz range and tip them with minnows, Gulp!Minnows or Grubs or bring some 2-3oz bottom bouncers and spinner rigs to use with minnows or Gulp!Nightcrawlers.

For Smallmouth Bass, jerkbaits, deeper diving crankbaits and tube jigs rigged weedless will be very productive.

Muskies and Pike may be in transition during this time. Be ready to cast or troll. This is big bait time, so bring a good selection of cranks, jerks, spinners and Dawgs and make sure you have the tackle that can support them.

For more information on pricing and other details, contact Brett Erickson at Thorne Bros at 763-572-3782 or [email protected]

Man I would love something like this! It seems like a blast but I will only go if someone I know hits it as well. Anyone else tempted? I would love to tangle with those hawg eyes up there. I hear night time from shore tossing big cranks/sticks in awesome.

If anyone else is thinking about it let me know. I would love to split gas/etc. and hit this if I can get the time off. Reply to me asap via e-mail and Ill start getting it in the works. Thanks.

Thanks for posting this Matt. Sorry I didn't think of it sooner. I was just up at Rough Rock for the long weekend and everything is going really well. Between Luke Ronnestrand, Heath Burris, Al Blomker and myself we had 15 muskies boated with a pair of 49"ers for big fish. Big fish are starting to reallly move. Just got an e-mail from John Kugler at Rough Rock and he stuck a 47" and one pushing 50" last night. Last night they also got their second bear of the season and it was a big boy that was taken by bow and arrow. Walleyes are going really well and 3/8 to 1/2oz jigs with minnows or Gulp! Minnows are what everyone is using. Everything else is working as well, it is just that jigs are so easy up there! Pike are eating anything with a blade (spinnerbaits and bucktails). People were catching smallies, but no one was specifically targeting them so there really was no pattern that anyone figured out.

One update on the Outing and that is that Jim Murphy will not be joining us. He will be at home with his foot in the air! Last week he chopped his big toe off when the tongue jack on his boat let loose and fell on it. They reattached it and pinned it all together and it sounds like he will be fine. Gonna miss all of his stories up there though!

If you have any questions regarding our Fall Outing, I will be in the office this week and next week and you can reach me at 763-572-3782 or [email protected] or you can contact John and Sandy Kugler at Rough Rock Lodge 807-224-3403 or [email protected] Hope to see you there and look for more Outings to come in the future.

Thank you,

Brett Erickson

www.thornebros.com

• we are 'the leading edge' HSO Creators

I'd love to go but we are planning the Fish House Modification Get-together at Art Barbarian just off I94 (SW side opposite Cabelas) by Rogers MN during that time period.