• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Carbon arrows

UNIT

Can someone explain to me the major difference when it comes to the cost of carbon arrows? I am trying to figure out why there are some that you can get for $40 a dozen and others that go up over $100. Would I be better off spending more money or does it really matter?

With carbon arrows you typically get what you pay for. The more expensive ones have a higher tollerances as to weight and straightness.. Anotherwords they guarentee that of the doxen arrows they all weight within a percentage of each other and all are within so many degrees of straight. Cheeper arrows have more varience in weight from one arrow to another and arent as straight usually.

Hope that helps!

I would agree with everything that Dietz stated.I have always shot the med range carbon arrows and done very well hunting.You can buy the very expensive arrows but if you are using them for deer hunting only then I feel the medium priced arrows will serve you well.Its kind of like fishing rods.You can buy a 50 dollar rod or a 300 dollar rod.If for what you are doing the 50-75 dollar arrows serve you well then they will work just fine.If you are looking to split hairs then the more you spend on carbon arrows the better you may be.