• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

OH NO! --Not already

Tom Wilson

I can't help myself!!!

My disease is starting to affect me again--It's almost duck time. For those of you that know me, you know this is just the start of my duck disease for this year grin.gif Many, many, many, many, many more duck posts to come grin.gifgrin.gifgrin.gif

Blue Winged Teal

bwt2vm9.jpg

bwt3be3.jpg

bwt4nr4.jpg

bwt6dq1.jpg

bwt7rn2.jpg

Very nice Tom, but you don't know what you started. I tend to catch more than a little h*ll for my own duck obsession. I probably take a few hundred frames on a weekly basis and it only gets worse as the year progresses. My high time is actually the dead of winter - probably shoot around 10,000 plus frames in less than a month. Keep 'em coming!

Dude, if you're shooting 10,000 frames a month, you'd best pay close attention to how many shutter actuations your camera body is rated for! I mean, how many actuations is a hen mallard worth, unless she is the mallard that laid the golden image? grin.gif

Steve,

It's only for one month of the year and I spend very few of those frames on hens. I save them for the greenheads and usually in flight. Last year was my first year with the "disease" as Tom appropriately calls it. I'll probably tone it down a little this coming season now that I have a better idea of what I'm looking for in an image.

Yes, my 20D is rated for 50,000 actuations, while the upgraded 30D is rated to 100,000. Huge difference for someone who shoots as much as I do. I have 35,000 actuations on my 20D in a bit over a year and a half. Only costs a few hundred bucks to have a new shutter installed, so we'll wait and see what happens. Meanwhile, I'm warning everyone in my family that all I want for birthday and Christmas is funds for photo gear. grin.gif