• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

paper tuning advice

koonie

I was trying to paper tune my Mathews Switchback xt today and according to my friend if your fletching comes through to the left of the point you should move your rest away from the bow. This didn't seem to work so I moved the rest toward the bow and it seemed to get a bit better. The problem is I can't really move it any farther in or the fletchings will hit the bow.

Any suggestions as to what I should do next? I've still got about a one inch tear to the left of the point. The only other advice I've gotten is to get a torque-less grip.

Is this problem directly related to how I grip my bow?

Any help would be greatly appreciated! Thanks in advance!

If you have a left tear-possible cures

Fingers-for right hander-reverse this for a left handed shooter.

could be

1-weak arrow or clearance problem

cure

reduce bow weight

use lighter point

stiffer arrow

or make small rest adj. away from bow

For using a release

move arrow rest to the right

arrow may be to stiff

decrease bow weight or weaker arrow

Either style

arrow may not be clearing cables

rotate cable for minimum fletching clearance

make sure arrow has enough fletching clearance.

If you cannot get it right,it might be just as easy to take it to a pro shop.

Another question is did you get the right arrow for the bow?

koonie- we need a lot more information...

What arrows are you shooting and what length, and what point weight. How many pounds are you shooting?

It could be your grip, it could be a poorly spined arrow for the weight you are shooting, it could be you are having fletching clearance problems as well. Are you positive that you are getting clearance?

Many times with paper tuning, it can be grip, but you need to make sure all your other ducks are in the right pond first. Get some flour(or any light powder) and lightly sprinkle the area around your rest and shelf, then shoot.. you will see if your feathers are making contact if it knocks the flour off.

I seriously doubt its a torque problem, not after shooting this bow myself. It could be related to your form however, what do you do when you release the arrow? Have someone watch you. Also, them shoot your bow through the paper to see if they get the same result. What sort of rest are you using and what type of fletching are you using. good advice so far though. I am going witht he rest contact theory or shooting form. Good luck!

The arrows I am using are Terminator hunter 4560's, they are 30.5 inches long and I'm using 100 grain silk tip field points. My bow is at 59.1 lbs and my draw length is 30 inches.

I do know that my fletchings are not hitting anything upon release.

If you look at Carbon Express's arrow chart you will see that you might be shooting the wrong arrow.

Its states for a 58-63# @ 29 inch arrow you would use the 4560.

For 58-63# @ 30 inch arrow it would take a 6075 arrow.

If im reading there chart correct,you might have the wrong shaft.

I would call the pro shop and have them double check arrow size for the poundage and lenght.

I screwed this up myself. I meant to shoot my bow at 56 lbs. When I got it, one turn was supposed to bring it down four lbs but I didn't realize it came maxed out at 62 lbs not 60 lbs. I'm going to drop the weight down a little and see what happens.