• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Gigantic Pike

Quote:

Looking at the rod holders in the boat...I have never seen a rod holder like that, have you? At least I presume that's what it is.

Rusty of Wiskers guide service has those same rod holders.. I forgett what theya re called.. pretty slick...

I think its a real fish, I too howeer think its a europe fish.

Yea those rod holders work slick. they lock into place just by setting the rod straight forward into the holder. Rather than having to bring the rod out and then up you can just grab it, pull it toward you and set the hook at the same time. I'll either get ahold of rusty to post here or i'll find out who makes them and post it for you. If you are into rod holders they are certainly the best I have ever used.

Pike do grow bigger in Europe, but not because European pike have a predisposition to grow bigger than North American pike. They just live longer because European anglers have a much stronger and longer-lasting C&R ethic than we do.

Hey Chuck,

Just talked to Wiskers tonite as he was of course out fishing..... and those rod holders you speak of are made by Berkley and they are called "Berkley Quick Set Rod Holders" I have used them and man are they nice... Just thought i'd let ya know.

If you look at pics of other big pike they all have that cheek line+gill plate.

I don't know what to think of what I heard, but I work with a guy that says he KNOWS that boat and has seen that guy fishing up there before.

Personally I don't buy it, but who knows.