• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

cams?

I'm looking at the reflex bows that have wat they call slam and a half cam, the one im looking at is the reflex excursion...or the fred bear element which has a single cam...this will be my second bow and alls my first one had was rollers and i turned it into a bowfishing bow so im looking to upgrade, both of these bows can be found on the first couple pages of the 06 cabelas archery...i was told to go with a single cam if i could by my uncle but the relex looks like a better bow? confused.gif

a lot of people really like solo cam bows.. and to be honest with you, the slam/cam and a half is so similar to a solo cam bow that I would consider it one even though it has 2 cams. The reason people like the solo cam bows is you have less tuneing issues. I have a Hoyt which has the cam and a half... love it.

I bought a reflex excursion last year....I like it a lot....2 down for 2 shots last year so it must be doing something right. I don't shoot in league or competition but I practice shoot frequently...and the reflex appears to still be in tune and quiet. Perhaps the best idea is to go shoot both and see which one feels better to you. Have fun picking out your new bow!

Dietz is right about having less tunign issues, but that is mainly because they have less tunability. (is that a word?) ANyway, my point is there are so many ways to find the sweet spot in the way a bow shoots, but if you have fewer moving parts, it may be more reliable or easier to work on, but it also limits you in the number of way to tune it precisely.

I shoot a Darton Yukon. This was one fo the first cam and a half systems. EVen now I can just buy new strings and cables for it and it shoots better than it did new. A little harder to tune initially but much more versatile.

Thanks guys..kinda leanin twoards the reflex looks like a better deal but was kinda weary of the double cams but sounds like they sould work good, how about bug suits?...what kind of brand is best?gunna need one for early this fall, got eaten bad last opener, nice one in cabelas for 60 bucks 3d leafy camo and all

I haven't used a bug suit so I can't comment on them too much. Last year was my first year bow hunting and I used 2 things. Number noe is I had my facemask/netting that I use for turkey hunting. Its just camo netting with elastic on the top. This works great for keeping the bugs out og my ears and away from my skin. The other thing I used was the scent shield brand bug spray. Its supposed to be scent free bug spray. It seems a bit smelly when you put it on, but I never had a problem being winded while using the spray.

I have the Excurtion also and love it. No problems with the slam cam and a half. I think it's really quiet and forgiving. Also no wrist slap with the 7/8 offset. Reflex was also bought out by Hoyt awhile back, basically the same bow at a somewhat cheaper price. As for the bug suit, I have one of the cheap 2-piece mesh suits with a face mask from Walmart. It stood up well last year, and should make be good to go this year(no holes). Keep in the scent bag with all the other stuff.

Lonnie