• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

view point

only a few days ago I tried something new that I wasn't able to do last year with photography......that was put the camera down on the ground,tilt the camera "up" at an angle,and still see what that "image " looked like through the tiltable lcd monitor...the results were quite different I must say!...or otherwise you'd have to lie on the ground like at chipmunk level to see through the little monitor.......just find this capability neet! grin.gif...an example follows(no.not the best photo for sure,just an example)....this is going to help at ground level macro work for sure!....jonny grin.gif

singlewhiteflowercopy.jpg

Kind words from the both of you!...... There's a lot of talent on this forum...many years of combined knowledge in the photographic field ...some are more knowledgeable in certain areas then others...but together...a vast resource to tap(that would be moi grin.gif) and only a fool wouldn't take advantage of this knowledge....it's like a college class or tutorial in photography.......ain't it great grin.gifjonny

Jonny shows you show that you can do a lot with a point and shoot camera. Work within it's limitations and you can take excellent pics. The one below was taken with my first 2 mpx P&S digital camera. Some big bluestem and blazing star late in the day on the prairie.

blazingsky.jpg

I here ya Hobby!....Figured I'd go hog wild tonight!..lol!...Certainly well aware that some pretty decent photos can be obtained with a point and shoot!....it's all I've had and still have one shocked.gif... grin.gif..the following images were taken the last couple years with my Fuji 3.1...... grin.gif....anyway..I'm still technically using a point and shoot...a "Fuji s9000" (9 megs)but it's a "can of worms" to learn tongue.gif........and of course the camera has a fixed lens that isn't interchangeable(although one can still add teleconverters and macro dioptors which I have)... a "bridge" camera if you will ...we'll see how it works here in the future and what I can do with it.....jonny grin.gif

singlepinklupine44.jpg

frogcopy.jpg

DSCF2985-1.jpg

coloredbutterflyongrey.jpg

singlewildrose.jpg

northerncrescentcopy.jpg

wasp3smaller.jpg