• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Recently bought a cabin on L. Nebagamon and looking forward to our first opening fishing weekend. Does anybody know how much fishing pressure there usually is on Opening day?

Also, any particular patterns/presentations work better that others this time of year.

Thanks

I've only been on nebagamon a couple times, and from what i've gathered is that it gets hit harder by recreational use such as tubing, skiing exc. It has some nice smallies, pannies, and eyes if you can find them. As for opener, I guess I don't know what kind of pressure to expect. Cheffrey will be able to help you out as he also has a cabin on the lake.

Welcome to the Neighborhood Walleye One. Nebagamon offers a unique fishing opportunity to seasoned anglers. In 3 years I have yet to set up a pattern for the walleye in this lake. There ARE big ones to be had out of the lake. There is also some deep haunts in the lake that make it hard to fish. My biggest eye out of the lake came on a slip bobber in 6' of water in July smirk.gif. Early season is the best time for this lake as the recreational folks aren't out pounding it. Also as the season goes on you will want to get up early to avoid the same hassle. If you are a small mouth fan you will be pleasantly suprised with Nebagamon. The lake use to hold large numbers of eyes but really got pounded in the late 80's & 90's (anyways thats what the old timers say)

If you see a lue & Grey Aluminum Full console with a VMAX on the back parked at the end of a dock accross from the Public Beach, that will mean I'm on the lake. Stop by and say hi!

Cheffrey it dont matter if they are in or out of season they are still safe when your out. grin.gif

Maybe I will have to come down for the Wi. opener and fish with ya. Let me know if ya have room. Maybe you will actually use that livewell then. tongue.gif

By the way what color is lue? Is that some fancy Chrestliner color? confused.gif

Quote:

By the way what color is lue? Is that some fancy Chrestliner color?
confused.gif

Its Crestliner Steve. I am going to try and hit Nebagamon in the afternoon on Sunday, I have to move all my furniture out of my house first though.

Man now I will have to get a 150 on my boat to keep up with ya. Be careful opening week with that baby. With all those boats you may get into some skinny waters.

By the way its $20 a head big fish contest this year. You can send me your $ now if ya like. blush.gif