• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Death and life

My grandmother died last week. She was 92. She left four children, 18 grandchildren and 36 great-grandchildren. I was in LaCrosse, Wis., the town of my birth, over the weekend for her funeral.

In the church, while the priest intoned the Mass for the dead, infants cried in the congregation, and their cries mingled with blooming wildflowers to show us that death is simply a renewal.

Here are some images of life I captured that weekend. I did not mean it to be so, but all the wildflowers budding and blooming along the LaCrosse area bluffs happened to be white.

Grandma would have appreciated them.

Bloodroot

bloodroot.jpg

Anemone

anemone-shooting.jpg

Dutchman's britches

britches-tightest.jpg

Wild strawberry

strawberry-tight.jpg

Steve, great analogy! Sorry to hear that you lost your grandma, they are very special people! Cherish the memories and keep these photos of the new life. Thanks again for sharing! Take care and N Joy The Fond Memories of Grandma!././Jimbo

Very nice wildflowers Steve. I'll have to show them to my wife. She loves the Lacrosse area. Looks like we'll have to make a trip down that way in the next couple of weeks. Thanks for sharing!

As always Steve, beautiful photos. Your Grandmother would have definitely enjoyed them. I am sorry for your loss. Thanks for taking the time to share with us.