• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Sad Day

ASMOLEY

It's been a really hard weekend for me and my family. Our Irish Setter has past away. It's almost hard to belive how attached one can get to a dog. They are not pets but parts of your family. The big guy upstairs must have needed a hunting dog. I know many of you can relate to this i just needed to vent a little.

I have two Irish (Red) Setters. I have never been much of a dog person before. If your Irish was anything like the two I have they REALLY are family. Im very sorry for your loss.

Was your Setter a traditional Irish or an Irish Red Setter?

Sorry for your loss ASMOLEY. It's for sure a hard lump in the throat that's hard to swallow. I know that when our dogs/family members go it'll be a tough time for our house as well.

I hope you get through it all and try to cope with it the best you can. Only time can heal this wound.

I'm sorry for your loss. I know how your feeling, I went through the same thing last when my oldest lab passed away last month. If your family is anything like mine your setter will never be forgotten. I know everywhere I turn in our house there are pictures and memories that will never let us forget about all the good times that we had together in the field and in our home. He was very much a part of our family. It does make you realize how much our pets are part of our daily lives.

Whoever said you can't buy love or happiness, never owned a dog. I can't think of anything you can buy in the world that will give you unconditional love, from the first meeting!! Take care, sorry to hear about your loss

Sorry to hear of your loss Asmoley. It's always tough. With out being too forward I'd recommend getting back in the saddle again (getting a pup) sooner rather than later. It helps to have a cuddly little fur ball take your mind off your loss.

I really appreciate the support. Our setter was a mahogany (red) setter. We still have 3 springers and a lab but I think we will have to get another setter it's just not the same without her. It's amazing how certain breeds have such different personalities. Thanks again everyone.

Sorry to hear about your bud.

I found a book called "Marley and Me" I think you should check it out. Its a story bout a yellow lab and his owners. Its a tear jerker but it made me laugh too. I think you should pick it up