• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

My largest sheepshead

RBuker

Wow, was that caught in MN? It looks like you caught it in a lake? I know there are bigguns out there, but never seen one that big myself. I know it's a sheephead, but anyone would have fun catching that thing. My biggest to date from river fishing has only been about 6lb's and I though that was a good sized one. Congrats.

Ah HA! So I am not the only one out there eating these! I would say I eat drum more often than any other fish. When you have a few in the 1-3lb range you can treat them just like tilapia. I sometimes cook 'em whole or filleted. They do have some great white meat! That thing is absolutely ridiculous by the way! Wow.

I dont know excatly what my largest weighed, maybe 5-6lbs but I can tell you what I caught him on. I caught him while out flathead fishing on the Blue Earth river. That crazy sheepie took a 7in bullhead! Well I should say tried to take it. I didnt really hook the sheepie I just pulled him in, the bulhead was wedged so tight in his mouth that if it wasnt for me pulling the thing out sheepie woulda died. laugh.gif silly drum

Here's one a co-worker caught on one of our spring river trips. It was the biggest I've seen yet. I know there are much bigger ones though.

BTW he kept a bunch and cooked them up. He said it was one of the best tasting fish he's had.

vladriver.jpg