• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

The ice has pretty much melted off near Mobridge. The bays still have ice in them, but I feel confident enough to say that there isn't enough ice left to sustain any more ice fishing this year. We had a very slow winter as far as walleye ice fishing goes. It never was a problem graphing fish with electronics, but getting them to bite was another story. But I am hearing from several locals that the open water walleye fishing is at least hit and miss so far, which is better than the winter went. The smelt will soon be running so I would venture to guess that the walleyes will start biting better any day. And what fish I have seen that people have brought in are still nice, fat, and healthy.

Great report Mitchel,

Welcome to HotSpotOutdoors.com and OutdoorSouthDakota.com

This is the greatest resource of fishing information on the web. Glad to have you aboard.

I spend most of my childhood summers camped and Indian Creek and/or Indian Memorial camp ground. That was back when the river was the river and you could catch 6 fish per day and there were days where a 4+ lb average was attainable. I'm very fond of Oahe and the Mobridge area. My father has a 5th wheel at New Everest and he makes it out there about 2 weekends a month in the summer. I've fished the Wolves on Water tourney out there several times as well.

Again, welcome and great to have a reporter in the Mobridge area. That is one of my favorite places on earth to fish.

Thanks to all of you for the nice welcome. I will try to keep everyone up to date on the fishing near Mobridge. I have a couple of friends on the field staff here that talked me into posting for the Mobridge area. I will also try to do a little posting for hunting too come fall.

Again thanks to all.