• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Top 5 Go To Pannie Jigs

Hayes033

Sunfish

1-Optic Stealth-10-white/red smile.gif

2-Flutter Bug-10-red

3-CJigs&spins-Ratso-8

4-Marmooska-8-10

5-Cj&Spins-N.Ant-10-gold

Crappies

1-CJ&Spins-Shrimpo-6-8-Blue smile.gif

2-CJ&spins-Ratso-6-8-Red

3-CJ&Spins-Demon6-8-red

4-JB-Glitter purple-8

5-CJ&Spins-Jigging Demon-8-Gold smile.gif

All of these jigs for crappies I will use plastics without a waxie.

All of the sunfish jigs I will usually use a spike or a piece of plastic.

The new Custom Jigs and Spins Jigging Demons seem to work well,but I have only used them once.I plan on fishing them to death this late ice as they look like a very good jig.Might work out to be as good as my favorite the Ratso and Shrimpo. smile.gif

All these jigs are fished with 2# P-line.

Ice:

optic stealth/grub or plastic, jigging spoons(JBLure's 1/16 Jigging Eye, Scenic's 1/16, Jigging Demon #6, all glow red, all tipped with grub)

Open water:

1/32 collarless head with a Culprit Paddletail (junebug/chartreuse tail); Crappie Stub Grub, Crappie Rat (both in purple/chartreuse tail); Exude Micro Shad ( pink, white pearl or chartreuse black back); hair jig on a size 4 1/32 head; 1/16 Scenic Go Devils; JBlures 1/16 jigging Eye; #6 Jigging Demons this year and #4 Frostee jigging spoons.

Yea I kow....open water. But those of you who hold onto this ice garbage will miss the proverbial boat.

Good topic. Here's what I have tied on (not necessarily my all-time favorite but rather whats working for me right now)...

• Size 6 Custom Jigs and Spins Glow Pink Ratso
  • Size 8 Custom Jigs and Spins Pink/White Ratso
  • Size 10 Chartruese Maynard's Flutter Bug
  • Size 12 Red Your Bobbers Down Wolfram
  • Size 12 Glow Pink Little Atom Optic Stealth

Other jigs I use on a regular basis...

• Size 8 Maynard's Flutter Bugs
  • Size 10 Little Atom Optic Stealth
  • 1/16oz Go Devil or Jigging Demon
  • Size 10 JB's Charmer
  • Size 10 Fatboys
  • Size 10 Genz Bugs
  • Size 12 Genz Bugs
  • Size 10 and 14 Wolframs

I also like to use plastics instead of live bait it I can. Some of those plastics include...

• Custom Jigs and Spins Finesse Tails
  • Little Atom Nuggies and Duppies
  • Lindy Techni-Glo Tails

A lot of jigs and options to choose from, and I'm always finding myself using new and different jigs all the time. Certain situations call for certain profiles, and some of those profiles might seem a little off-the-wall, but they get the job done.

Who knows, next week I'll probably have 5 new jigs tied on my rods smile.gif

• we are 'the leading edge' HSO Creators

* Jigging Demon (Custom Jigs and Spins)

* Wolfram Jig (Your Bobbers Down)

* Ratso (Custom Jigs and Spins)

* Optic Stealth (Little Atom)

* Go Devil (Scenic Tackle)

Not necessarily in that order and actually there are a lot of other jigs that would tie with some of the above in differant conditions. Especially JB Tackle. That's just what's been good to me lately smile.gif

Whats wrong with shopping right here at FM. TackleCity has the bulk of these products available I believe. If not, everything can be ordered onine from the makers.

Most of the retailers are setting up open water right now and ice tackle may be getting short in the supply department.

I fish mostly crappies with some sunfish tossed in.

1. #6 CJ&S Ratso in glow/chartrues or white

2. #10 LA Optic stealth with white nuggie or a weggie. Have done well in white, glow, red, yellow

3. 1/16 oz ST Go devil in glow white or red

4. 1/8 oz Rattlin Varmit

5. #6 CJ&S Demon

I've also done very well on the marmooska jig, Genz worm and small jigging raps. Had one really good outing this winter with the smallest Salmo Chubber Darter for big crappies.

Good Topic.. Great Jigs everyone has listed so far.... I will sound like a broken record because most of my favorites are listed already.

Here is a list of the jigs that I am using this year..

-Little Atom Optic Stealth Size 10 and 12

-Little Atom Shmoe Jig Size 10,12, and 14

-Little Atom Puriest Size 10-14 Barbless

-Custom Made Teardrops size 10 and 12

-Your Bobbers Down Nickel Fiska 4mm

-Your Bobbers Down Gold Fiska's 4mm with glow bead

Some of my top jigs that I wil not leave home without... Tipped with live bait or plastics, these jigs will get the job done...