• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Need recommendations

LuciandTim

What is your buddy looking to do with the dog? Just obedience and force fetch or does he want a dog that is finished, i.e. handles, steady, multiple retrieves that type of stuff.

Let us know and we will try and point him in the right direction.

Wings and Whistles in Watertown did a nice job with my brittany. More importantly, the trainer spent a fair amount of time with me to make sure I knew how to continue the training and proper use of e-collar and choke chain. We had the dog attend a 2 week course that was intro to guns/birds and then a follow up 4 week course, very nice facilities.

A second nomination for Wings and Whistles, they are very knowledgable dog guys and let the dogs go at thier own pace instead of beating the training into them. I know that metrojoe had his dog trained there and that little dog turned out great.

She gets it all from her mother Justin. Thats my little girl on a solid point at 9 months old in my avatar. I can't say enough good things about Wings and Whistles. I sent her in around 6 months old and I couldn't believe what I was seeing after only a 2 week bird and gun intro. It was amazing. I also sent her in for the 4 week obedience course and I had a number of one on one sessions with Mike and he showed me some simple exercises and techniques for training "Here", "Heal", and "Whoa" that I still use. Also, for those of you not familiar with e-collar training this is really the way to go. Well worth every penny.

My GSP came from Autumn Breeze Kennels and they were previously in the St. Francis area. He is now close to Isle so a bit away from the metro. Ed used to run labs and now breeds GSP's but I've seen him training everything from pointers to flushers.

What I liked about Ed is that I had the option of leaving my dog with him for the training or I could attend with my puppy a couple of times a week and get trained myself! Believe me, I think I needed the training more than the dog since this was my first try.

Unfortunately I'm about to be starting over as I had to put my dog down last week at 5 years of age due to liver failure. I'll be posting that information in the future once I can see through my "cloudy" eyes to type!