• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Devils Lake Report

Ice conditions on Devils Lake range from 12-18 inches and with this cold weather now they are improving fast. Pike and walleye continue to be the main draw for people right now but more and more perch reports are coming in all the time. Everybody was looking way to deep for perch. Some of the best perch catches have been in 10-15 ft. Walleye fishing continues to be very goo in the morning and evening with most fish from 14-20 inches. Pike fishing has been incredible and shows no signs of slowing down. Some monster pike have been coming in these lst two weeks. The average size is 4-8 pds but we have had fish over 15 pds. Its a great time to fish Devils Lake now because of the limited people and you can sit on a school of fish for a long time.

We had great fishing with Dosch's Guide Service last week. Good walleye fishing, great tip-ups for pike and some perch. They do a great job and 13 guys went home with nothing but good to say about Jeff and his crew. Stan C.

Jeff

Will be up to see you on the 3rd and 4th of Feb. Just curious if your able to get around in the pickups yet?

The buddies coming along have never been up to DL fishing.

Talk about a little anxious. I'm not sure they belived me when I told them 2# perch are few and far between. Looks like they'll be putting you to the test. Had a great time two years ago when the kids and me were there with you. Thanks for keeping us posted on how the fishing is going.

Jeff,

Not sure yet, but I think I might be headed out your way this weekend. Any updated reports for us? Is this the weekend of the big tourney out there? I think that's held on 6-mile Bay, right? Any general info as to depths or sections of the lake would be greatly appreciated.

Thinking about heading out to devils the whole weekend and just wondering if it might be a waste of time. Looking for some hog pike, thinking about trying out N. six mile. Have you heard of anything good up there, or any place else where the pike are slaming?

Pike are hitting good on Lake Irvine - I'm taking Friday afternoon off and going there before Devils Lake for the tournament all weekend. Let me know if you're going out there (it's right on highway 2 near Churchs Ferry).

They're not hogs though, I caught mostly 3-4 #s out there last year, but it's fun.

If your looking for some monster pike a few areas that we have had luck are the North end of 6 mile Bay,Wolfords Bay, the north end of Creel Bay, and Knutsons Bay. A lof of fish in the 8-15 pd range. This week several different places have been having good walleye bites. The towers on the main lake have been producing but it will get heavy pressure this weekend. Some good perch reports have been coming in across the lake and most of them are coming from shallow water. The perch are using the trees for cover just like the walleyes. Earlier this week we got into some real nice jumbos(11-13 inches). Not a lot for numbers but the size is what keeps you wanting more.Good Luck!

Alright all, to anybody that would like to answer, here are my questions...

First, my buddy has been telling me about this tournament this weekend in Devils for about the past two months - does anybody know anything about this supposed tournament (on Feb. 18th)?

Also, I am very familiar with the lake, but haven't ice fished it much. We are basically going to be swinging in the dark for spots to fish. We are thinking about hitting Rocky Point, Military Point, and possibly try to get lucky finding some structure to fish on the Flats. Any ideas on where would be a good place to start? We will be hitting the water by about 6 or 7 AM

Any info would be greatly appreciated (I would be willing to trade some good open water spots with anybody who would like to trade ice fishing spots)...