• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Polaris

JohnMickish

I've ridden a lot of 4 wheelers and have always like polaris the best. My brother has a Yamaha and it's very nice. I've ridden the others and they are very nice. I've had a '95 polaris for ten years - no problems. I just bought an '06 450 and could not be happier. It is a little bit of the chevy vs ford thing, but it's also a bit of good experiences vs bad experiences as well. Some folks have had bad experiences with polaris. I've had nothing but good. good luck.

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Quote:

KDAWG, I too have had at few polaris too love them Ive had others too but nothing compares to a polaris My 700 efi will eat up any stock 700..

Must have never run against a prairie/twin peaks, or king quad or a 650 brute force .... wink.gif

I meant my above post as a joke, the last thing on my list of "important things" in a utility quad is speed- If I wanted to go fast I would buy a sport quad, or better yet I would get a sport bike (at least 1000cc). Now thats fast!

So your saying you beat a King Quad by 8 miles an hour stock for stock? If I'am understanding your post, you are starting to sound like a "typical" polaris owner! Is your nose growing? smirk.gif

Tell ya what, guys, bring your machines to ATVAM's spring convention "ATV fair" and show what ya got! grin.gif They'll have mud bogs, obstacle course and some other events. JT, ya up for it? smirk.gif

I grew up on Honda three wheelers and have never owned a quad. I have ridden them (quads) a lot but only Polaris. I was convinced by personal experience and word of mouth they were the best there is. Last week I test rode the Kawasaki BF 750 i without the chip upgrade and was amazed. I bought it Tuesday and had the Performance chip added and HOLY COW it's awesome! Anyway, I just think you should have an open mind when it comes to whats out there. Thanks for all the info I have read on these threads. Mike

Dave,thanks for the invite,but I'll stick to the country,up north here!I've got some "natural" mud bogs,and obstacle courses come up once and awhile also.I just know that all the big bores are alot closer to speeds then 8mph,and could not let a polaris owner talk smack without calling his bluff!That atv gathering date is awfully close to the fish'n opener, isn't it? confused.gif

It's what your comfortable with. I myself have owned Polaris since my first one 1987 250 Trailblazer. Still using it. Still fires up on the first pull of the rope. Of the eight Polaris's I've owned, not one has ever been in the shop for anything other then seasonal maintenance. I've use them for plowing snow, grading and landscaping. I've even moved an single stall garage on an 18 foot car trailer with my 1999 500(not HO). Am very happy with my Polaris's but I am sure that some others are just as good. From my years of ATV use and trail riding, I beleive it is a state of mind.

I've onwed both a 400 Yamaha Big Bear and a 500 HO Sportsman. I loved my Big bear. The thing seemed unbreakable. I also love my SPortsman. It gets used probably about 4 days a week all fall and the only thing I've had to replace on it is the battery. I've owned it for 4 years now, with 1000+ miles on it, and it runs great.

A lot of you keep talking about how your machine didn't get stuck and the polaris did, or something to that effect, but that means nothing. Getting through the "difficult" areas, in my mind, is more the driver than the machine. You have to know how to rock your machine, and know when to lay off the gas, and know when to give it some gas. I've climbed onto a machine that my friend said was "stuck" and have gotten it out without any help. I've taken a 250 Yamaha Wolverine, 2wd and have gone through areas that a less experienced driver had gotten a 660 Grizzly stuck in.

They're all good machines. Go with what you like. It really is as simple as that. I'm thinking of a new machine and I could care less what brand it is. I'm looking for certain qualities and there are a few machines that fit what I'm looking for. So price is my next deciding factor, along with the dealers proximity to me for the times when I will have to bring y machine in.

Good Luck!

YOUR 700EFI WILL OUTRUN ANYTHING??? CARE TO PUT THAT UP AGAINST A 90 SUZUKI LT500R??? wink.gif AND A LITTLE FYI POLARIS IS NOT THE ONLY ONE DOING THINGS FOR THE SPORT...ONCE YOU LEAVE OUR LOVELY STATE OF MINNESOTA YOU SEE ALOT OF SUPPORT FROM THE OTHERS HONDA/YAMAHA/SUZUKI AT THE VARIOUS ATV JAMBOREES AND WHAT NOT.