• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Big weekend!

Hockey Guy

Because the Sioux stink and everybody knows it? Just kidding! grin.gif

I agree it is quiet.... I predict atleast three points for Minnesota this weekend in one close game and a blowout.

Gopher thump.jpg

Gophers over Sioux.jpg

Gophers Irmen.jpg

and my favorite Sioux memory from the recent past.......

Denver goal.jpg

Nice walleye Pier!! I'm going to have to say though that the Gophs are going to trample the Sioux. The Sioux will do like always and come out banging the boards with Gophers and then fizzle in the end!!!! I always look forward to these games I must say, but then again I look forward to them all.

Get ready Minnesota. We have hoisted the cup before and we will do it again. The sioux have too much to gain this weekend and they will be strong on both nights.

"All roads run through DAKOTA!"

hoistcup.jpg

If you look carefully you can see pierre in his yellow gophers sweater clapping up a storm as the cup is hoisted!!

Isn't that kid from Minnesota? grin.gifgrin.gifgrin.giftongue.giftongue.gif

Quote:

"All roads run through DAKOTA!"

So, really what does that mean? Aren't the Sioux like in fifth place right now, wouldn't it be more appropriate to say that with the name "Wisconsin" right now??? Just wondering. grin.gif

It really hurts to have to say nice things about the cheese people -- but Wisconsin is tough this year. We'll see when playoffs role around who's the boss of the WCHA!! Go Gophers!!! Maybe St. Cloud State--not!!

To be serious for just a moment, the UND boys have their work cut out for them this weekend. Uncle Donnie has the gophs playing at a high level and the Sioux just can't put three periods of hockey together. That young defense is hurting UND right now and the forwards the gophers throw at you might be the best in the country. The Sioux might be lucky to get a point out of this weekend. I will be watching.

I do think the Badgers have the MacNaughton Cup. It would take a choke for them not to get it. I posted the picture to cheer myself up and remember the good old days. smirk.gif

OWNED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

It's 5-1 Gophers right now and it might as well be 10-1!!! Minnesota is absolutely CRUSHING the Sioux!!! CRUSHING is an understatement!! Any debate? ANY? Str8 stone cold killah's dese boyz in maroon in gold! I can't remember the last time we out skated a Sioux team this badly??? And the Sioux have a talented team... WOW!!

OWNED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! grin.gifblush.gifgrin.gifblush.gifgrin.gif

Quote:

Get ready Minnesota. We have hoisted the cup before and we will do it again. The sioux have too much to gain this weekend and they will be strong on both nights.

= WRONG!!!! grin.gifgrin.gifgrin.gifgrin.gif

Quote:

It's going to be Great hockey!

Where's Red been. Fri 5-2 Sue.

Saturday 3-2 Gophs in a shootout....

= WRONG!!!! grin.gifgrin.gif

Quote:

Its going to be a split series at the Mariucci both decided in OT

= WRONG!!! grin.gifgrin.gifgrin.gif

Too much credit was given to the Flickertails!! release the gimp! I will be wrong come tomorrow because there is no way they can beat Minnesota right now, no way Jose!! tongue.gif

The boys had me a little concerned during the first 3 minutes of that 5 minute major but they managed to pull a couple goals out of it anyway. Awesome game for the Gophs!!!

ouch. This just in. The gohpers are good. Really good. (It might have been a good game had we got the puck into the gophers zone. Shots on goal 48 to 28? Not even pierre's cousin Philippe Lamoureux could keep them in this one.

frown.gif

That was a good old fashioned country A$$ whipping.

I can't even stay happy about the win because now my thoughts are on April! I expect them to be able to keep this up but who really knows. I see alot of talented guys who are working very hard and playing pretty well as a team. It's time to work on that #1 seeding and a trip up to Grand Forks.

Quote:

I will be wrong come tomorrow because there is no way they can beat Minnesota right now, no way Jose!!

wrong!!! Split Series just I hoped for...UND can jump back in the top 3 playing Mankato and SCSU next, both series at home. Gophers will do just fine for the rest of the season. Glad to see Bemidji State to get a win tonight tongue.gif

It's always a buzzkill when you outplay and outshoot your opponent and lose... I guess Lamaroux played better then Frazee tonight... Gophers would take eight of every ten played between these two teams right now. North Dakota is still going to probably be a bubble NCAA selection if they don't kick it up a notch for the rest of the year.

P.S. Wisconsin drilled CC tonight 9-1!! OUCH!

Quote:

OWNED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

It's 5-1 Gophers right now and it might as well be 10-1!!! Minnesota is absolutely CRUSHING the Sioux!!! CRUSHING is an understatement!! Any debate? ANY? Str8 stone cold killah's dese boyz in maroon in gold! I can't remember the last time we out skated a Sioux team this badly??? And the Sioux have a talented team... WOW!!

OWNED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
grin.gifblush.gifgrin.gifblush.gifgrin.gif

Quote:

= WRONG!!!! grin.gifgrin.gifgrin.gifgrin.gif

Quote:

It's going to be Great hockey!

Where's Red been. Fri 5-2 Sue.

= WRONG!!!! grin.gifgrin.gif

Quote:

Its going to be a split series at the Mariucci both decided in OT

= WRONG!!! grin.gifgrin.gifgrin.gif

Too much credit was given to the Flickertails!! release the gimp! I will be wrong come tomorrow because there is no way they can beat Minnesota right now, no way Jose!! tongue.gif

So I had it backwords a split is a split.... grin.gif.

Quote:

Fri 5-2 Sue.

Good job Pier! I still can't believe they stole last nights game.... oh well 3 of 4 from the Flickertails is a good thing. In a few weeks I'll post where I think the teams in the WCHA are heading... my end of January "it must be a fact" prediction. grin.giftongue.gif

I think the Gophers proved that they are a much better team this weekend even though each team came away with two points. That’s what I love and hate about hockey… sometimes there is no justice in the world and the best team doesn’t always win. Saturday night ND definitely had the best goalie. Friday night I don’t think the Gophers needed a goalie at all. Frazee is going to be a great goalie in the future for the Gophers, but right now I think Briggs should be playing both games against tough teams (and yes, I consider ND a tough team).

Can one of you ND diehards explain to me why Rastislav Spirko only has 8 goals this year. I’ve been very impressed with this kid every time I’ve seen him play. He just looks dangerous every time he has the puck. I’m also impressed with Oshie. He seems to kind of play possum… you don’t notice him or hear his name until he is in front of the net. He has a way of getting shots off when you think he is totally contained. Are either of those guys from North Dakota? Because I’m impressed, and I might have to change my opinion of the North Dakota youth hockey programs.

I don’t think Gopher fans have anything to worry about. They will get into the NCAA tournament, and I think they will be that team nobody wants to play. If they can play like they did Friday night in the NCAA tournament, there will be another banner hanging in Mariucci next year.