• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Ice Scratchers (help!!!)

LakeTahoe

I am trying to find a place that sells these in the cities, but can't find any one!

Does anyone know where I could locate these...

Here is a link that sells them but I need them by Saturday and don't want to pay a bunch of shipping charges...

(http://www.holzracingproducts.com/oscommerce/product_info.php?products_id=141&osCsid=3b83b2db94dc33f04c7ceae8e93e1017)

CAN ANYONE POINT ME IN THE RIGHT DIRECTION...

THANKS

LT

I don't believe Dennis Kirk sells this product, but I don't have my '06 catalog in front of me.

Ice scratchers attach to the suspension of the sled and dig into the snow to kick up snow to cool the radiators under the tunnel and to lube the hyfax.

LT - with this weather do you really need the scratchers by the weekend? They seem to work when there is extreme hard pack snow or ice. The temps are pretty warm, snow is soft and fresh snow on the way. wink.gif

I've ran with sleds on the trail that had these scratchers last year. The trails were rock hard and my 2 sleds didn't have any issues, but the thick lug track sleds (1"+ lugs) needed scratchers because the hard snow wasn't cooling the engine/lubing the tracks on those sleds.

I don't know where to order other than that HSOforum you found.....

Thanks for all the replies! I found them in St Paul at Bob's Cycle Supply.... they have just about everything and CHEAP!! I don't really need the ice scratchers now with snow, but I installed them anyways, just so I am prepared for next time.

ok...so i have a stupid question....if you install these ice scratchers can you no longer ride on paved trails, similiar to studs?? Just curious if anyone knows thanks in advance.

I don't believe that is the case. You can move the scratchers up and out of the way when you don't need them. They are then sitting on top of the rails if I remember correctly.