• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

11 lb Propane tanks

KrashR

It is beyond me how an 11 lb tank can cost more than a 20 lb, but anyways, who has the best deal on the 11 lb tanks. I was at Menards and they are $31, is there any better deals out there, or can you get refurbished/used ones from a propane dealer or something like that...

My folks bought me a 11 pounder from Fleet Farm for my BDay a couple months ago. They paid $38 I believe so the $31 at Menards is probably a decent price.

My guess is the price on on an 11 pounder is more than a 20 pounder because the propane tank companies probably make 2 billion 20 pound tanks a year but only a million 11 pound tanks, or whatever, you get my drift....the companies are real efficient blasting out a million 20 pound tanks at a crack so to make it worth their while to make and sell 11 pound tanks they have to charge a little more. Kind of like a specialty item.

I paid $40 at Fleet for a pancake style. If you want a pancake style 11 pounder I didn't see them at Menard's. I never checked Gander since they are always out of what I need. The pancake style with a sunflower heater on it fits under my flat truck cover real nice.

Hey nitroant.

That's a great point there,I have the tall 11lbs tank and always end up climbing in under the cover to get it after it rolled up front.

If the shorty fits under the cover with out laying it down it should stay put better.

Benny

EyzFishin, I don't have an 11# pancake style tank, not sure where you are from, but I'm pretty sure any Gander will have them for around $40. To all the rest, if you are in range of a Gander and Menards don't forget about the double the different deal that Gander has, I took advantage of it, but don't try at Fridley they won't let you because they are moving the store.