• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

From Monday (pics included)

Tom Wilson

WOW!--has it been that long?

I'm not dead, or at least I don't think so???

I also didn't give up on photography, I sold one lens. You got some not quite accurate info there Mikey!

The simple truth is that I got really burned out on the forums. Not just here, but also on the other 312 that I spent time on, and I know you know what I'm talking about. My kids are getting old enough now to actually have fun with, and all that time that I spent perusing the forums starting turning into time with my kids, and my forum neglected wife.

The biggest change for me though came when I completely rededicated myself to the Lord, and because of that, I have changed my goals for what I want out of my life. Being fully involved in my church in Waconia also takes up quite a bit of my time. I have a full time involvement in our worship ministry (playing guitar on Sunday mornings), and I just recently took over the leadership of the men's ministry. Things are just different for me and my life is so much better because of it.

As far as photography...

I got very, and I mean very, burned out. Most of you know that I loved, and still do, bird photography--especially waterfowl. I spent a number of years however shooting horses, and rodeos in order to pay for all of the photographic equipment necessary to maintain my love of bird photography. The truth of the matter though, is that it got to be so much work, and so much time doing the horse thing, that I lost my love of having my camera in hand. For about the last year and a half, I loathed to even pick the camera up.

I made the decision that this was not what I wanted for my life, and decided to give up on the horse/rodeo thing, and last year was my last year of it, with the exception of one show already booked for this year. In truth, I am looking forward to spending the summer teaching my daughter photography. She loves taking pics of butterflies, and bugs? Eventually, I am sure that my love of photography will return, but for now my time, and effort is in my music, and living my life for the Lord.

It is truly nice to know that I have been missed, and I apologize for my absence. I cannot tell you that I will be back with everyday sort of posting, but I will definitely check in from time to time. I might even post a pic or two, I mean surely I came up with something in three years that somebody might make a nice comment about:)

God bless each of you and thanks,

Tom Wilson

Tom it is really nice to hear from you. There are a few people on the Photography forum that inspired me to get into digital photography and you are one of them. The others were Steve Foss,Buzzsaw and Swimmer. I can remember looking at all the great shots of wild things and thinking how much I wanted to do that and it is sorta sad that you and swimmer are no longer a part but I do understand that family will always come first. Thank for the update and stop in a share a few photos if you get a chance.

Nice to hear what you've been up to Tom. Interesting that your daughter is into photographing insects. Jonny may get some competition! wink I too miss particularly your waterfowl photos, especially on blustery days like today. One can only gaze out at the frozen surface of the wetland and hope the waterfowl reappears in another month or so. Good to know you're OK. grin

Tom, thanks for giving us perspective on your life and the changes that come to all of us. We missed you in here, and while we wish you well, we also want you to keep visiting now and then.

I'm a fan of butterflies myself, and we'll look forward to seeing images whenever you feel like posting them. smilesmile