• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Slick Trick Broadheads?

esox49

I have used the Slick Tricks for a couple of years. Go to any of the big bow boards and you will fine nothing but praise. Excellent head and yes.......If your bow is in tune they do fly like target points. Also in case you were not aware of it Gander (FL) sells them.

WS

I just purchased a set. I haven't shot them yet, but as posted above, all the reviews I've read have been nothing but praise. They are a sweet looking little broadhead and I really like the way they are assembled. I'm a fixed blade shooter, but I just purchased 3 different brands of expandables along with the Slick Tricks and I'm going to do a little broadhead test of my own. I'm hoping they fly as good as they say. I may not switch to expandables. wink.gif

All I can say about them is they are AWESOME!!!! I switched to them this year and will never use anything else. I shot four deer with them this year and not a one of them went over 40 yards. Although shot placement is always critical the hole they put in them was unreal. I have used a lot of broadheads in the past and this one by far is the best. Like I have stated in a different topic I have shot groups with them at 60 yards that compared to my field points.

Are they fixed or mechanical? I'm looking for a new broadhead for next year that makes a bigger hole. Got two deer this year with the ones I use now (can't remember the name) BUT very little blood trail on both of them even though they were both pass-thru shots. I've also heard "Iron Wolf" or something like that are supposed to be pretty good.

I also switched to slick tricks this last year and was very impressed with the field point accuracy and grouping. they're sharp right out of the package and hold up very well. Although i did bend one trying to prye it out of a doe spine.(operater error). Looking forward to sending one of these bad boys through a bear this coming fall.

Matt

It's a tought decison i've used both the slick tricks and thunder heads. I've had the same results from both brands, excellent for penetration. I bought the easton super slims last year and tipped with either of these broadheads it's one deadly combination.