• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Tire chains

wally-eye

When I bought the 4 wheeler they gave me my factory tires and rims along with the big wheel kit I bought. I put my factory tire back on for ice season, when I tried to put the tire chains on the deep lugs it didn't leave you much chain left to dig into the ice.

I use a set of the v-bars and they work good. I would imagine you can get them at any atv dealer.

Mike

I ran the dennis Kirks on the stock tire off of my 700. They hoocked up real nice. Let all the air out of your tires, get them on as tight as you can then air up the tires again. This way the chains won't flop around on you. As a side note, keep an eye on your front struts with your chains on, because you may not have enough clearence. This could get real expensive with your speedo sensors on the front R strut (v-twins at least). I have 1 1/2 wheel spacers on mine so it wasn't an issue.

Rear would make the most sense to me.You will only have steering issues on glare ice,and if you wanted to improve that,you could just throw a couple of short sheet metal screws in your front tire knobs if your tires will allow.I myself would just put the chains on the rear.