• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Late Season Bowhunting

JoeTC

I'm with you biglake--its gotta have a rack. The deer have really moved out of the river bottoms and are hitting the alfalfa on the land I hunt. During the regular gun season I only saw one deer in the two days I hunted it. Now this cold hits and I see 10 to 15 a night. One more weekend of ML---then its back to the bow.

jeff

Not sure where your all hunting but all i can say is BRRRRRR.

We been muzzy hunting cant beleive anyone bow hunting this morning would have been able to pull a bow back after 20 minutes on stand.

This weekend is going to be awesome the does are feeding predictably every evening and the bucks are still not far behind them.The weather is going to be as good as it gets for this time of the year. I know I'm going to take one out this weekend. Friday night is going to be sweet. The trails coming out into the fields are nothing short of amazing. The Hoyt is ready.

Seen quite a few deer, two really nice bucks. But they were on does and there was no way that they would come in . I hunted three nights and I think I seen between 40-50 deer. I had a few smaller bucks four or six pointers come within 25 yds. but I held off. My buddy shot a decent 8 pointer Friday night and we were dragging it back to the truck and one of the antlers fell off. That sucked. But decent weather for the next week is expected so I'll go out this week but I don't think I'll be as picky. I'll take one of those six pointers out.

Last year I shot a forkhorn with my muzzleloader(2nd weekend) and when I tracked it, it was laying down like it was dead and then poked it. He got up and ran off so I waited for a few mins then tracked it another 40 yds and saw him laying down so took another shot at him and he was done. Then I walked up to it, and turned over his head, one of the antler was gone, then I pulled off the other antler and it was like a magnet and came off. I found the other one under the body. Not a big deer, I thought it was a doe but it was tasty though! smile.gif