• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Tired Dog + Tired Hunters = Good Times

This past weekend in North Dakota:

3 man limit of roosters and a few morning ducks.

northdakotaoct050140ac.jpg

Last morning mallard hunt, dog still tired.

northdakotaoct050226ej.jpg

Trigger with some nice greenheads

northdakotaoct050169ar.jpg

A few more roosters, trigger could barely keep his eyes open!

northdakotaoct050081yt.jpg

That was excatly what my dog was like after the 1st day of hunting, after the hunts she would sleep sitting up when petting her and boy she was darn tired! Looks like you had fun, I was up in Nodak last week too and got quite a few birds for 6 people and 1 dog... tough work for the dog but she had a great time! have a great weekend guys!

Oh absolutely, but like I said I have never hunted it. I have relatives that own land with water either on it or through it so I never venture to Gores to hunt. However there is an awesome walleye bite in a few places around there that we hit at various times every year. I suppose you could launch on the Vermillion and acess some areas to bowhunt, alot of work but might be worth it. How has the bird hunting been going there, alot of wood ducks I hear. Where do you put the boat in when you hunt?

rattle: he's actaully a lab/springer mix. he just turned five years old, my wife got him while I was out of town before we were married, I was p.o.'d to say the least, but i trained him just like I would have any other dog and I can honestly say he is one of the best pheasant dogs I have ever hunted behind, he will go all day and never stop even if I do,. even half points if the bird is holding tight. Ducks he is pretty good, steady to shot and a decent marker and can make multiple retrieves, doesn't handle cold water real well though, but for how much I duck hunt he works.

grizzald: we hunt near LaMoure, I know a farmer up that let's us hunt his posted land, that's where we got those birds, the mallards though we had to put on a lot of scouting miles to locate a decent flock. That's the name of the game where we go, pothole city, just need to find the right one. Good luck.

yeah the reason i ask is he looks exactly like my dog that i have only mines 1yr old. Black lab mixed with a german pointer. same white patch on chest and longer hair than a lab. almost identical. and i've had the same results. Great upland dog and waterfowl dog. and also very very friendly and gentle especially with kids. a really friendly and inteligent dog i think.