• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Finally a cooldown! Time to hit 'er hard!

Stratosman

Tonight, tommorrow, Saturday, oh, my! The forecast calls for cooler temps and scattered arrows! I'm just a little excited that I don't have to worry about sweating buckets on the way to my stands and can finally hunt a couple of the farther away spots I have. They should be moving a bit better and maybe the skeets are gone?

I hear ya Stratosman! It's hard to sit tight at work right now.

I have an uncle-in-law whose able to take a month off of work each year (st. paul fireman)...from next weekend thru gun season. Man...he bugs me...j/k...I'm just jealous.

I hope everyone has deer around them this weekend....good luck to all!

I would think tonight should be just about the best night of the season so far as far as wind direction, temps, & deer movement. I'm going out, so hopefully that doesn't mean I'm way off & don't see anything. Good luck to any who get out tonight or in the next few days, well any time really. The best time to hunt is whenever you can.

Any body out last night?

I saw 4 deer at prime time...unfortunately not in stand...when I was walking my dog (family night). Seemed like the wild life was moving...ducks, deer, geese.

Hopefully tomorrow morning they'll want to stretch there legs as well. Good luck!

Shot about 6:55 Thursday monring. Deer were feeding early before first light in a standing bean field. Then they left and passed by my stand. I was able to take this doe. [image]http://www.solisearch.net/ims/pic.php?u=30491CkCE7&i=226342[/image]

Only two I saw were the two that were bedded under my stand when I was walking in.. Two small ones, looked like fawns. Nothing else except for a jake turkey that walked right under my stand, so it was enjoyable nonetheless. I will hit er again tonight.

I went last night, nothing until a smaller doe passed behind me about 50 yards in the last 15 minutes or so of light. Right at the end of shooting light or just past a deer that I'm sure was a buck passed at about 30 yards, but it was too dark to see antlers. Another very large deer that had to be a decent buck, came out to about 50 yards, & others that I think were does came out as I was waiting for the first ones to leave. These deer were all on an alfalfa field, but coming out too late. I'll be trying to stage them back into one finger of woods that some came from, including the big one, hoping to get them before dark. Moving stands tomorrow, then will have to wait for another night with some kind of North wind.

Hunted again on Sunday morning from the same stand as last Thursday. Again deer were feeding in the standing bean field early and then left shortly after first light.

Hunted further in the woods last night closer to some bedding area's. I saw 2 doe and 3 fawns at about 5:30 or so. The deer hung around for a long, long time. As I was climbing down after dark I realized one doe was still standing off in the distance frown.gif might have to give the stand a few more days again.