• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

mosquitos suck

CrappieJohn

I haven't seen a mosquito for weeks at home and while at the cabin they were nowhere to be found. But put up a ladderstand, go sit in it for one evening and.....well you know who shows up.

It never ceases to amaze me how a little rain and a couple days in the sixties or seventies can breed these suckers up to the point you can't breath without sucking in a lungfull.

I made the all ignorant assumption that the skeeters were history and they burned me last night. But the evening did treat me to a show put on by a red fox. No deer, but the season is young. With that in mind I may wait another week to hunt and hope the aerial suckers are gone and get back to some fishing.

Well CrappieTom, I totally hear you man! I've been in the stands several times now since opener and have had all sorts of problems. That is until I bought some of the mosquito spray that has an EARTH SCENT to it (comes in a blue and red can...I believe).

Skeptical?!?

Yeah, I was at first too. But when I put it the test, those skeeters didn't buzz around my head. I've used that stuff 3 times now and have seen deer twice out of those times. I have yet to be sniffed out!

I'm telling yeah, that stuff works. Help might be just around the corner, the 7 day forecast calls for over night temps. into the low 40's and high 30's. This will definately terminate our problems!

I will second the Earth scent stuff but I highly recommend a Bug Tamer Plus suit. They are awesome and well worth the money.

4 of us have been bear hunting and the mosquitos have been next to none for us this year. Where are you guys hunting? I would say I get 1 or 2 at dark and that is it.

Neiko, Cap't.....

The bug stuff would be great but I am allergic to most of it so I stay away from it's use.

I live and hunt in the Rochester area and we've had some serious rain here within the last week and a half. Coupled with these tropical temps and the critters pore out of every hollow stump you can find in the woods.

Down this way I think Weds is going to be the end of them for a while unless we warm back up really soon. And we are supposed to see some rain chances along with the cooler weather. We need a real hard freeze, lke under 32 degrees for a full 24 hrs.

I put my tree stand up last thursday. I was out in the little buggers and it SUCKED. I said to my self I am not hunting is these bugs. Even out duck hunting they sucked. During duck hunting you can move s little bit but out bow hunting you can't and it sucks. so I hope we get a good hard freez.

I'm telling you guys, try that "No Stinkin Bugs and No Stinkin Ticks"spray. It really works!!!

I just had this conversation with my buddy tonight and I told him the day he was complaining about the mosquito's being bad in the stand, I had ZERO bugs around me....a big ZILCHER! After tonight with temps in the low 30's, might not make a difference.

Keep that spray in mind for next year, I would highly recommend it!