• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

New Cabela's opening?

ironman

I agree - the public opening was not bad at all. Tons of people, but it didn't matter, there was still parking left, and the place is so big, I wasn't bumping into anyone. Good Lord, the fishing section took me an hour-plus to browse through, and I didn't get out of there until over three hours later...

There's a bunch of rows of ice gear setup. Open water, bass, ice and fly sections are pretty well defined. There's three different fish tanks to ponder, and some pig largemouths to stare at. grin.gif

For those looking for a good deal on a Marcum flasher, don't go to Cabelas... it was about a 1:50 ratio of Vex to Marcum boxes, and they are priced at last year's list price.

For those looking for Otter portables, they have everything here for them, hyfax, rattle reels, travel covers, etc... They also have Frabill, Fish Traps, Eskimo, ... they are all set up already.

For those looking for a 21 foot Warrior with 300 HP outboard... it's waiting for you at Cabelas. shocked.gif

And the hands-on self-service used shotgun and rifle section along with the gun library was impressive.

I agree with the post I saw earlier - They built it too close to my home and workplace! blush.gif

Boy..I felt the store looked nice, but it seemed a bunch smaller than the Owatonna Store. hard to get a cart around. The muskie was nice in the tank though...about 42 inches or so...and fat.

Lots of people and I felt it was hard getting around. The iasles seemed narrower, the bargain cave was a bunch smaller and hard to maneuver.

I gained nothing in distance as I live in Hastings...so...I can go either way, but will probably still go to Owatonna. Less busy which is really nice. The Rogers store will get more business just by where it was placed for those travelling north.

Steve

was there on monday in and out no problem parking right towards the front all your outdoor needs and alot of mounts and displays to look at under one roof.... I left the store opposite the way i came in and had no problems!!!

For anyone who's interested: the Bargain Cave in Rogers has Buzz Stick ice rods on sale for $11 - normally $29. No reels, but I thought it wasn't a bad deal. I may actually try one at that price.

Went this past Friday around Noon and it wasn't too bad to find a parking spot though the lot was always full. Anyway, wife and I had great elk and wild boar wraps for lunch. Impressive store. My only beef was that it took 40 minutes to get from the frontage road back to 94. It's not that so many people are leaving Cabela's at one time. It's that the frontage road leads to a four way stop that leads to a four way stoplight intersection that is very short. The people leaving Cabelas and the truck stop and the other businesses really gum it up. Any suggestions on how to avoid this in the future? Are there "offpeak" times or any backways or shortcuts in?

The other option is to head straight east out of Cabelas to Brockton, it crosses 94 to the south but has no exits to it, but it can get you to Roger's ont he other side of 94 w/o the circus by the truck stop.

It's a good back route to get in and out of Rogers north of 94, espcially if you can get where you are going via Maple Grove or Albertville areas. Brockton has access to County Road 81 (Industrial Blvd) and Territorial Rd, which are good non-freeway roads in the area.