• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

What Atv?

Mark Gangl

Well I know this topic is well over debated but I too am curious. I have an 02' Big Bear and it is a good machine, starts good, and is plenty smooth enough for me. Problem is i do like to go trail riding and cruze the dirt roads now and then and the Big Bear just doesn't have the speed I would like (35 is all I care to wind the thing though my friend says he has [PoorWordUsage] roded 45 out of his) the machines i have been thinking of are the Griz 660, polaris 700-800, and recently have seen alot of talk about the kingquad 700. I want the mud so the locking differentials is good, i want good pulling power speed and of course winter starting. i haven't seem a cat that started decent in the cold,bombadires have a hefty $ on them, and honda?????? i know they are good machines but i like the true 4x4 and have heard they lack on the speed.....what is the best machine based on this? top cruising speeds? cold starting? dependable? And good deal on financing?

I picked up a new King Quad last June. I have had it up to 71 mph. and Im a 245 lb. person.They rid so nice, and in the mud the d-lock works so fine. The fuel injection is going to be great for cold starts. I do alot of first ice fishing and cant wait!! The price was not to bad either. I paid around $7,900 with hot grips,thumb warmer, and a winch. Go try one out. not sure if they are still giving the 2 year war. with it? They were in June when I bought mine.Good luck!!

With the fuel injected Suzuki Kingquad you also have a backup recoil start,if for some reason your battery goes dead.On the polaris 600-800 you get no recoil backup which leaves you with no way to start it other than jumper cables.Suzuki,along with other companies,have asst. deals right now on closeout 2005's along with $69 winch,plow,ect... deals.I own a King and have also owned Yamaha Grizzlies and have had no troubles with either.Awesome riding machines with the better,more stable ride going to the King being it's wider and has a lower center of gravity.Suzuki Kingquad or Yamaha Grizzly,depending on the dealer in your area and ride preference.It's a toss up between the two,that's where you come in good luck choosing! grin.gif

I have had no problems when I cracked the throttle on my Kodiak 450 to hit 60 mph with my fat body on it. Its a little squirrely after 50 mph.. I dont ride that fast often... but freeway speeds are achievable*

The kodiak 450 is a comfortable, good riding machine.. have had no problems.

good luck.. they are all a lot of fun.

well all said and done i picked up the last 05 grizzly eveleth had on fri and am happy with the choice. it goes through mud nice and has a nice top speed and stable ride.......now i guess the only thing left is to part with the big bear which i will be putting on the for sale when i get a chance.

Not a bad choice Mark! I do have the KingQuad but both are very good. I was out last weekend where I never would of thought we would make it. I was on the king and my friend has the grizzly. We both did get stuck once but we were out looking to push the bikes all the way like we never have. But if you do any mud riding at all I would put some Mud Light XL 26 inch. tires on. Wow!!! thats all I can say.

I've been kicking around the idea of an atv myself. I was leaning towards the Honda Rubicon but got to drive a Bombardier in Canada last week. I liked the machine but had not made up my mind. Their 3 year warranty was a good carrot though. Then early on Sunday morning I was channel surfing waiting for my Sunday paper to arrive. I came across a paid advertisement for Bombardier ATVs. Their comparison to the others was good as far I'm concerned. (and I know the tests could have been staged) but they were offering a 5 year warranty on most of their machines. I ran to the local dealer and looked the 06's over and decided on the Outlander 400 HO XT.

If your interestd in the offer, I think the link is www.outlandertvoffer.com. You have to have the online certificate to get it.

If anybody has one of these machines, I would sure like to hear how you like it.

i am under the feeling myself all makes are good machines and choice is more with the model. i do know both bombardier and honda are a bit more expensive. cant say too much about hondas their reputation is bulletproof. looking at the results from the past mudrun and pull in eveleth they all have machines that scored in 1 catagory or another. my grizzly is perfect for me and i do have a friend who has an outlander seemed like a great machine to me, like i said just too high $for me.

Hey FlyingV, I own a 2003 outlander 400HO and love it. Let me know if you have any specific questions. I use it for deer hunting and ice fishing, it's been a great ATV with no problems.

Ole

My better half rides an 05 Outlander 400 XT. So far it has been a great machine. I ride an 02 Sportsman 400 and they both have their good and bad. Overall they are both great machines and I think if I were to get rid of my Polaris I would probably get one. They both have a great ride and are a blast to ride. The three year warranty was a big factor and I was very happy with the dealer that I bought it from. It was the only place in town that made me feel like it wasn't a burden for them to help me. Good luck and have fun on your new machine.