• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Please limit photo sizes

Guy's please try to limit photo sizes when posting. I love to come here and view photo's with no problem. it has come to my attention that some folks avoid this forum because they have slower connec tions and it becomes painfully slow to view anything.

Pics do not need to be full screen to get the effect of a good shot.

BDR,

Could you please be a little more specific on size. I know personally that I have been posting a lot of pics to these two topics, and I have (since the first couple mistakes) been consistent at 600x800 as instructed. If this is not right and people are still complaining, could you please set a new rule on size. I'm not upset, but if you don't let us know who it is that's upsetting people then how do we know how to fix the problem. The only issue I have with this, is that these two topics are primarily for photos, so if a person won't afford a high speed connection, then they shouldn't complain about how slow it is. I would also like to add that I received a personal e-mail last week, and this person (I refuse to be as big an A** as he was)actually wrote me a personal e-mail and told me that I shouldn't be posting so many photos because it was hard for him to view them and that he didn't care about the pictures and only wanted to read the texts. He went further to tell me that this was not a photography site and that I should take "my desire to have my A** kissed" somewhere else. This offended me greatly, as I have been a part of this site for a long time and have offered more than my share of fishing information. I sure hope that this post you started wasn't the result of trying to appease someone like that. I apologize to you for what will be considered by many to be a negative attitude--but as stated I'm not mad about this, but I do feel like it needs further clarification on your part.

Thank You,

Tom W

"Photo Sharing"...... Am I missing something? Tom, please keep the pictures coming. I make sure I check the "photo sharing" forum everyday to see if you and others post more beautiful pictures. I think the person that e-mailed you needs to not visit the "photo sharing" forum if they dont want to see "photo sharing". Just my .02.. love the photos!

LovenLifeGuy

I agree with Tom. Even if you limit the pic size to 400X600 and you have 20 pics in a thread it is going to take ahile to load....a lot of threads have way more than 20 pics. Then, even if you have smaller pic size the amount of compression use can make a big difference.

I personally like seeing the larger pics. If it is just a pic guy with a 28 inch walley....well when you have seen a dozen you have seen them all. But when you are looking at some sunrise pics, or nice landscape pics.....size does make a difference.

I am probably a bit guilty as on my personal HSOforum where I store my photos I typically store them at somewher between 800-1000 pixels as the largest dimension. If I had to resize to post on here....probably wouldn't post at all. Also would not post pics as much but (many) others have said....keep'em coming.

Also if someone wants to see text only they can select text only in most browsers as an option....go into tools-internet options-advanced tab....scroll down to multimedia and uncheck "show pictures" . That way isf something interests them in the text they can then look at the pics.

Hobbydog, your last paragrapoh is ALL BDR needs to say to whomever has issues... period! Heres my thoughts.

Brian, no disrespect intended but I'm pretty sure the people who are "driving" this thread should be the ones who police themselves. We have already discussed keeping the pics around the 800 x 600 mark. It gives the people who participate in these threads alot the opportunity to showcase if you will some fantastic photo's. I would venture to say that I've seen more compliments on these threads than all others.... that has to count for something right? If you have an idea on what size you want or NEED them to be to satisfy folks with slower connections feel free to throw out a number. We could always create a thread that reads "Slow speed connections who want to chat about birds" or whatever. I just cannot feel responsible for others who have a slow connection... I upgraded in part because of this HSOforum.

I visit a LOT of different forums and discussion boards on just about every topic. Many of these have photo subtopics that are specifically for dial up users.

I sympathize with the dial up users I was there, as we all were. Perhaps FM should have a space dedicated to photos only, like a photo sharing topic tongue.gif.

On a related note I am interested on the connections people are using. I have always had the latest and greatest. I got 28.8 as soon as I could, then 36.6, then 56 and then all the 56v versions. Finally I was able to get cable. At one point I even was getting business class 8500/786, but the extra speed wans't worth the extra money. Currently using RoadRunner with 5000/384.

I am going to start a new topic on the open water about connections.

I did not post this request with the intentions of any new "policies" or to single anyone out.

My only motivation is to keep it user friendly. I enjoy the pics, thats why I posted step by step directions. I don't want to see anyone limit the amount of pics they are posting. That is what these forums are for.

Just trying to keep it user friendly for all users. I thought it was a very simple, non-attacking request.

• we are 'the leading edge' HSO Creators

You may continue posting pics as you have been doing. Brian was just making a request so he and other dial-up users could enjoy your very excellant pictures. One thing you may want to take a look at rather than the pixel dimension is the dpi. 72 dpi is the accepted Internet standard.

Again, it is not a requirement - just a request that some dial-up users are requesting to be able to see some of the outstanding work you are doing in the photography area.