• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Sunnie on a Skitter Pop

Young Gun

Went fishing today and was fishing a Skitter Pop along a weed line and it just disapeared I couldnt figure out what happened so I set the hook and I felt a fish. Reeled it in and it was a nice sunnie. Has anyone else ever had that happen to them?

Congrats on the big gill.

Glad to see topwater baits working as I just asked about buzz baits over in "Bass". First time attempting to throw them tommorow.

I doubt a gill will attack a buzz but then again, I've had them hit divers where the bait was 1/2 the size of the fish laugh.gif

What size/color were you using when you caught it? Where were you fishing depth wise/cover/etc?

You can teach an old dog new tricks.

Congrats again.

Oldtyme im not sure what size but it was about 2 1/2 inches long, silver. Im not sure about the depth because we were shore fishing casting out to a weed line. I would pop it wait 5 seconds then pop it again. The fish hit it when it was stopped and it didnt even wrinkle the water it just came from below it and sucked it down.

YG,

This is the beauty of fishing a body of water like the Mississippi River backwaters. You truly never know what can and will take hold of your line. Each and every cast, you have the chance to catch a trophy fish of any species.

Yesterday I got a big gill on a bass jig and later in the day I got a walleye on a spinnerbait in about 2 ft of water. Maybe if I would have kept fishing I might have been able to barehand a pike.

I caught 3 sunnies in a row on a shad rap one time they were all real nice bulls probably 8.5-10 inches, then in the same spot 3 days later I caught a brute of a bull on a full size spinnerbait (1/2 ounce) and he inhaled it and I could stick 3 fingers down his throat to get the spinner bait out, he swam away fine and there was no blood, but man if I could catch sunnies that big everytime out I definetley would target them more often!