• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

What type of quiver do you have on your compound?

BLACKJACK

I like to leave my quiver on when I'm shooting and when I'm hunting, so it has to be quiet. Now when I shoot its been 'twanging', already had it to an archery shop to try and quiet it down, he didn't help much, thinking about getting a new quiver for my compound. What kind do you have on your bow? Do you leave it on when you're shooting?

I've got an Alpine quiver, it pushes into some stiff foam rubber type molding, no click taking on & off, very quiet. I almost never practice with my on & always take it off on stand. I just think it's some much more maneuverable & I don't have to worry about bumping the ends of the arrows on something. Obviously if I do any stalking or still hunting it's on & do occasionally practice with it on. I've never noticed a difference in the sound of the bow whether it on or off.

I have been shooting a Qwicky (spelling) for years and have had very few problems. The only problem that I have had is the foam holding the broadheads gets chewed up after alot of use and does'nt hold them as tight after a while. I hunt mostly with it detached to prevent the fletching from accidental rubbing and making noise. I have however shot with it attached and have had no problems.

There are alot of nice quivers on the market but for the money I will stick with the Qwicky.

This is the first year I have an easily detachable quiver. this might be a dumb question: but for those of you who don't shoot with it on, where do you put it?

I was thinking I'll just place it on/in my camo backpack that i take up with me in the tree. I usually just hang the backpack from one of my tree pegs. never had a problem with it falling and the deer don't seem to mind it. but if someone has a better idea of what to do with their detached quiver...please fill me in. i know i'll have to have it accessible incase the need for a second arrow. thanks.

I use a Mathews quiver on my bow and it stays on the bow at all times,I have never had a problem with noise or a arrow falling out.The original material that came with it that holds my broadheads in place was changed by myself to a soft rubber type material that has been in the quiver for 6 years with no problems.I have never in 35 years of bow hunting used a detatchable quiver and find no reason to use one.But that is only me.Why would you want one you can take off,then you have to find a place to hang it and then it could fall.

I've got a PSE Omega carbon quiver. It's 4 arrow qiver and is super light w/a rubber hood and gripper. Absolutely no noise and holds the arrows well. Problem is, they're spendy because of the carbon. Also a very low profile quiver so they're tucked up nice and close to the bow. Has a quick detach mount if you want to take it off in the tree or any other time you want to take it off.

I second for the ALPINE quiver as well. They have an attachment to that you can buy with their quiver so instead of having the quiver attached to the bow during your hunt.....take the attachment and screw it into a tree, then when you are situated in the stand, put your quiver right into the attachment. SLICK as Snot cool.gif

Maybe a permanent mount quiver is the answer! Its the attachment point where you slide the quiver off that is making the noise.

Interesting to hear peoples methods, some leave it on all the time, some like to hang it. I guess I like to keep things as simple as possible, climb into my stand, tie myself in, put in the bow hanger hook, pull the bow up, nock an arrow and hang it. Hanging the quiver elsewhere means another hook and more clattering around in the tree. And how many times have you left your bow hanger in the tree? I could see the quiver hanger being left too. To each his own. Thanks for the input guys.

I always take two arrows out of the quiver. I put the second one on the stand to have ready if a second deer comes right away that I might also want to shoot, or in the event of a miss, whatever. I had a deer turn just as I was releasing once & I shot right beside & kind of under it in front of it's hind legs. It was turning away so it didn't see what made the noise. Although it did spook a bit I grunted it back in & drilled it with the second arrow.

Most of my stands are permanents so there's plenty of places to lay the quiver, but when there isn't I just thread a couple of small branches in between the arrows, they're so light it doesn't take much. I never really have to worry about being in a hurry to get them out, with the extra out already. I always have a nail, trimmed branch, or small hook to hang the bow on, & it just doesn't hang as well with the added bulk of the quiver attached.

Blackjack, what kind of bowhanger are you talking about that you take with you all the time?

BlackJack...that sounds like a good, efficient process you have. The less moving around and "settling" a hunter does in the stand the better...especially after just walking into the woods and possibly putting any nearby deer on alert...can't be making noise right off the bat. You never know what could be watching you or listening to you.

bigbucks, I have two types of bowhangers. The fancy one is the one that they sell on heaterbodysuit dot com, you screw in the base, then it has an flexible arm setup so you can hang your bow, with arrow knocked, right in front of you for easy grabbing. It works pretty nice. The others are just the cheap mini tree steps, they're actually labeled as bow/gun hangers. I usually have a couple in my pocket because sometimes you forget them in the tree. I used to use these exclusively but the downside is that if your bow is hanging on the left side of the tree and the deer comes from the right, you have a lot of movement to get your bow. But sometimes I can't hang my fancy one, so the small bowhangers. I should just buy 10-12 of them and hang one by each tree stand. I also have started going more with permanent stands. I won't do the tree step thing anymore, too dangerous. I have started using a few of the climbing sticks/ladders, they work ok with portable stands. Now onto my next question.

I keep buying more of those little bowhangers like you mentioned & just putting one or two in each stand. I also try to carry one with just in case I need it. I think there's one alone in a tree at my buddies that I forgot to take out when bringing a portbable down a couple of years back.

Those bowhangers are fine.I always knock my arrow and sit the the bow in my hand ready to shoot,may not be as comfortable but,when you get caught off gaurd,the last thing I want to do is to have to grab my bow and maybe the arrow wiggles or bow makes sound with hanger.It may not be easy to always be ready,but it counts when you get a suprise.I have seen and heard to many bad things that have happened to hunters,always ready to shoot and dont miss many.