• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

arrows

What kind of arrows would you guys recomend? I only shoot carbons. Right now i shoot carbon cx's in 200 gr. I have a problem with the nocks falling out and getting pushed in and not staying where their suppose to. In the past ive tried those vapor blackhawks but the fletchings sucked. Ive also tried the beeman hunter 500's and i think i might try those again, but i didnt like the way they flew with a fixed blade broadhead. I got expandables now. Any recomendations??? Also what kind of vanes should i shoot. I have helical but i dont know if i like em. any help would be appreciated thanks!!!!!!!!!!!!

eyeguy, my bow is tuned.......i just did this spring. It shot groups so tight i was slicing vanes and the arrows were straight and quick just how i like em. Its just i havent been so happy with everything ive ever tried. thanks for the suggestion though.

PSE Carbon Force Radial X-weave hunters...great arrow.

what poundage and what kind of rest? drawlenght? the nock problems with the cx200's may be a result for a weak arrow for your setup...

if you are slicing vanes I wouldn't change a whole lot. I really like the wasp jackhammer 75 grain head with the 1 1/4 inch cut. Very deadly and flies like your matched field point. I used regular broadheads in the past but switched in 2001. I like the fact that I don't have a sharp blade exposed to accidentally cut something and they put the animal down as fast an any regular head I ever used. I may switch to a 100 grain since they make it in a 1 1/4 inch cut now. I don't care for the real wide cuts. Good luck out there. My buddy from where I hunt out of state called and said there were 16 bucks in one of the fields 2 nights ago! oh boy!

ghotierman, i shoot rougly 55 to 60 pounds on my draw weight with a wisker biscut arrow rest. my draw lenght is 29 and 3/4. eyeguy, i found a good broahhead now. its the rocket steelheads expandables in 10o grain. fly just like the field points. 16 bucks!!!!!!! I know how u feel. saw 20 ish or so deer just driving back form kato the other nite. reading my regs yesterday and im getting pumped!!!!!!!!! Cant wait. oh and in case ur wondering 8 weeks and four days till opener smile.gif

bassboy...with your drawlength i'm assuming your arrows are 30" or better, the CX200's and Beeman 500s are too weak for your set up, probably why the nocks were popping out. ever get any cracking on the nock end?

checking the arrow charts, you should be going with CarbonForce Radial X weave 300s CarbonExpress CX300s or Beeman400 or 340's Easton 340s

i'm assuming 100gr points. lighter points can stiffen the arrow, and you may get by with the cx200s or beeman500s. conversely, heavier point will weaken the spine...

just some shop thoughts...

good luck and good shooting!

All i have ever shot in my life is EASTON,and have never had a problem with any that I have shot.This year I will shoot my eveloutions,which I dont think they make anymore and when more are needed ill go back to the ACC arrow.They shoot straight and have never had a arrow explode or splinter except one that hit my metal machine shed,missed the target.

THe problem with the Comida this year was that Twister Released them mid season. By the time they were ready to sell to stores all the stores were done buying for the year. So I can hardly blame coffee. If you need to blame anybody its Twister for getting out to late in the year... You can order them online. If you e-mail them, and say you want the comida they will sell them to you. They just do not have them on the web page yet.

FYI, Cabelas in Owa had some.