• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Gordon versus Jr picks

It would fun to make all of the top 15 cup car drivers drive in the IROC Series. Same cars, same setups. That would be fun. Gordon would do just fine, but I think many of you Jr. haters would be surprised to see him do quite well.

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Quote:

Quote:

Save for championships, race winning.

What? Isn't that what it's all about?

MnFishguy, I had that same thought. That's kind of like saying, except for the meat, that sure was a good steak???? Other than the weather, it sure was a nice day outside????? Other than being sick and bed riddden, I sure feel good????

Maybe I've been missing something, if racing isn't about winning, what's it about? Did Mikey's career and personal highlights go down after he won his first race? Is it just about going out and doing your very best, and if that's last you should be happy with it?

Oh, did you guys see the happy hour speeds? They don't really mean much come race time but the 24 was first and the 8 was 42nd.

Just saying sure the ultimate goal is winning. So why was Mcmurray so hyped??? Kahne so valuable??? Nascar is about image now, Why is W. Burton unemployed?? Ever hear the guy talk??? You as a sponsor want a driver you can barely understand promoting your product?? It really is Cashcar. Just saying Jr would be more marketable to an owner.

There is no doubt that whoever decided that Jr. was going to be the one did one heck of a job promoting him. It's not really fair because that puts way to much pressure on a guy to win. Then when he dosen't it makes jerks like me smile. Oh well, I suppose if they didn't like it they could always quit...

You got that right! Did anyone predict that both the 8 and 24 would miss it? I thought the 8 would be far off (correct) but I predicted the 24 to win it all. I was way wrong. The way that Gordon started out I was pretty sure I was right. Man, that team really came apart, and Johnson isn't running all the great right now either.

In those last 12 races, Jr's average finish was 26.83 and Jeffy had 20.25. I wouldn't say either of them were tearing it up in the last part of the season. Throw in the fact they had crew changes and Jr likely has been trying new stuff, knowing he wasn't going to make the Chase, and I'm not surprised. I'm sure the 24 has been trying different things as well the past few races since he didn't make the Chase either. The one thing that Jr has been doing is racing well until getting caught up in crashes or mechanical problems since Tony Jr. took over. The results don't show it, but he has been competitive until misfortunes happened. Can't wait until next year!