• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Gordon versus Jr picks

I have to agree with yah mnfishinguy, you have had a hard road in the past!!! I honestly hope that the #6 car has a great year, I have been a Martin fan all along but of course NOT a Rousch fan!!! grin.gif

GOOD LUCK AND GOOD FISHING!!!

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Gordon is only 67 points out of the top 10. Look out, here he comes.

How come nobody is putting up a fuss about Jr. spinning out the 88 car? Sure, he said he was sorry but was he really? The TV didn't replay it over and over, is this cuz it was Jr.? Lets be fair, was this handled the same way as when Jeffy "accidentally" bumps someone?

BLAH BLAH BLAH!!!! Typical Gordo fan whinning just like the Hendrick stable teachs there little girls to do!!! Just trying to start something here??? I would say it is working, Oh yeah and sorry to see that "JR" finshed in front of your GORDO again!!! "HUH" go figure!!! Only reason Jeffy moved up in the so called points "CHASE" is because of other drivers bad luck not by his driving on sunday, and yes I said not by his DRIVING!!!grin.gif

Only a blind fool would say such drivel about Jeff's driving not helping him on Sunday. He went from 14th to 2nd in no time at all and stayed in second all the way til tire troubles. He was a punctured tire away from a sure top five and you critisize his driving??? Good grief you need a reality check.

Since this thread has started, Jeff has outpointed Jr. by about 150 points if I'm remembering right when it started that is...

REALITY CHECK!!! HAHA!!! So your saying on any given race day that 14th place would gain you spots in this STUPID chase!!! I will take nothing away from his driving, there is no question that he is a great driver, and yes I did say great, but my main point was that the reason he gained so many points is that alot of the guys ahead of him in points had a bad day!!! Take a look at the points right now, Jarret lost 3 spots, so that makes Jeffy's points look even better so maybe YOU need the REALITY CHECK!!! grin.gif And don't worry, GORDO will make the chase, CASHCAR would never let it happen any other way!!! grin.gif

GO JR!!!

Did Jr. get to 10th by his driving or did he benifit from others having problems? he picked up 3 spots in the last 15 laps due to others problems. How come nobody is saying anything about that spinout? It must be ok to do it if you drive the 8 car but different rules and attitudes if someone else does it?

Come on, if one guys a jerk because he does it then arent all drivers that do it jerks?

Both Jr and Gordo stunk it up this year and the only reason that The Hendrick Goldon Boy might make it is if other people have trouble.He wont make it unless higher racers have bad days even if he does well.Facts are Facts!!

Guess that Jr is pretty well liked on here and everywhere for that matter!!! Atleast you are not a Gordo fan that is good to hear, but I am REALLY sorry that you are Roush fan!!! grin.gif Anyways I have always disliked any driver that beats and bangs his way to the front!!! Except for Sr, but I didn't like it when he did bash and bang either, but I still was a fan!!! And about that spinout I guess that nobody really thought it was that big of a deal, I didn't see them interview Jarret so I don't know what he said about it either??? And I will agree with Lee HarveyY that Jr and Gordo have had a real horrible season and hopefull they both will perform a little better at the end of the season and do a little thinking in the off season as well!!! grin.gif

GO #8!!!

mnfishingguy: Yes,Gordo is in 10th now,my only question is? Will he be able to stay ther,as we all know how well his luck has been going.No,Jr probably will not make it unless 4-5 drivers have very bad luck and he races very well,but a motor here and accident there and things can happen.It looks like Gordo will make it,but its not over yet as his team has not been the best all year.

Quote:

It's pretty clear who the better team/driver is now, if you had any doubts.

N one living in the real world should have had any doubts. There really is no legit comparison, even with a very sub par year in progress.

So what world are you living in, Jeffy beat Jr by 3 spots you are telling me that Jeffy is "SO" much better than Jr??? 3 SPOTS GIVE ME A BREAK!!! Use your head a little bit before you guys type this "talk", you guys are getting out of control!!! grin.gif

Yes I'm absolutely telling you that a four time Cup Champion with 70+ wins is far beyond compare to a never Champion, never rookie of the year, never much of anything but a solid driver with only 15 wins.

If you can't see it, its really sad. Just look at all the official record books and compare Jr. to Jeff. Good grief what in the world would it take to make you see reality Perch???? You are pathetic!

No one living in the real world should have had any doubts. There really is no legit comparison, even with a very sub par year in progress.

Comparing Jeff Gordon and Dale Jr is like comparing Wayne Gretzky and Dan Mandich...LOL.....oh.. grin.gif

I know alot about hockey, but who in the heck is Dan Mandich???????

Never heard Jr threaten his teamates, never heard of Jr swinging at other drivers. Compare the all around driver, not just racin'' If you were a team owner who would you pick??? I think most would go with Jr.

Ever seen Jeff take out him and his teammate at the same time down the straightaway at 180 mph??? Ever seen Jeff lose points for cussing on national TV?? Ever seen Jr. win a Cup? Ever heard an owner of a dodge team say in defense of the percieved advantage their car design had say "OK give me Jr. as a driver then?" I heard them say that about Jeff...

The owners would choose Jr.? I think not...

It would be Boiler, but I think the thing about that is that there is a real team familiarity and chemistry issue that would never let a true test come out. Plus, we all know different drivers like different things and a different feel in their cars, so I'm not sure we'd see much except both of them probably running worse than they are now, that'd be my guess.

I know I can't stand a tight car for instance, but some guys think I'm nuts for having mine set up a little loose, they feel too out of control that way. Different set ups for different drivers is part of what makes a crew chief his money. I've heard the 24 and 48 for instance often are quite a bit different in their setups on their cars, and that's within the same team, imagine how much different it might be with different organizations.

Save for championships, race winning. Dale Jr has it all. Who puts more fannies in the seats?? Who is the most popular??? Younger more marketable, so he drops a cuss word, dont we all do it??? Who would you rather have a beer with?? No contest