• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

who will be the next coach?

bucketmouth64

Who do you think would be a good choice to coach our beloved puppies? KFAN reports that Dave Cowens took his name off the list and PJ Carlisimo is the early front runner to get the job. A sure bet that Spree won't be back grin.gif. All Wolves assistants have been interviewed too. IMO none of them really excite me. What's left out there? More re-treads? Any college coaches that might be ready for the big show? How about a Bobby Knight or John Thompson? I think McHale needs to pick the right coach or he may be done with the club.

I'm not a fan of any of those choices. I'm not really sure who it should be. Of those you listed I think Carlisimo may be the best suited to the NBA, but that track record with Spree is a major concern, although we all know he's a jerk.

Yea, Spree is a jerk, but Carlisimo is an even bigger jerk than Spree. I would not be happy if they hired him.

It's too bad both Mitchell and Porter are locked up Sam would be perfect for this club as would Terry. I also think that Eric Mussleman would be a good choice and I would be happy with almost any of the current assistants.

I was never high on Phil Jackson, even though there's no chance he'd come here, but he's always had premier talent to work with and has never had to rebuild really. I do not think he's all he's cracked up to be and we may see that if he decides to go back to LA unless they lure another superstar to play along with putz-boy Kobe.

To hire Carlisimo would be a huge mistake. he has never had what it took to coach at this level. we dont need a coach that really has to work with a team rebuilding just a team that needs a bit of tweaking. i agree sam or terry would be good. and it would not be such a bad idea for the t-wolves to follow the twins by working within the organization, but if they hire pj they better look at what to do with McHale next year because even though i think the world of him its going to fall on his shoulders. as for knight or thompson they would never want to deal with the nba egos, anyway they are washed up (thompson anyway) I do wish Jackson would consider coming, even though there is no way he would. we do have that premier player in KG. with a couple of tweaks here and there we would have all the talent he would need. remember when he first went to chicago all he had was jordan (i know he was the greatest ever how could jackson screw that up) and a bunch of young talent that he molded together. after a couple of years the rest was history.

Sounds like they like that assistant coach from Seattle. I can't remember the name. Or Whittman or Lowe. I think we need someone from outside the organization, but that's just me.

Sounds like the Twolves are in the process of signing Dwane Casey, assistant from Seattle. I think it's a good move although I think the Twolves need a lot more than just a new head coach. There are some serious personel issues to correct. With the current roster, they are only going to be a few games ahead of .500 team until they make some changes. Anybody else think that the Twolves are placing too much emphasis on the head coaching spot as the key to success? I know the head coach plays a significant role....but...

I agree with the coach being in the hot seat, flip is a good coach, probably got the raw end of the deal, but maybe it was just time for change.

I think we need to get whatever we can get for spree, casell and kandi, ship them out for anything that has a pulse, spend some $$$ on some decent players, doesnt take much to replace the trio I mentioned above.