• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Vets in north metro

setterguy

I am looking for a new vet preferably in the north metro (blaine, ham lake area) I love my vet and if I needed something major would continue to make the drive to stillwater, but for routine stuff like vacs, and minor diagnosis I would like something a little closer. Wondering if anyone has a vet they would recomend.

I have been going to the vet at North Brook Animal hospital in Brooklyn Park off 252 on West river road.

They are nice people, the vet has 25 years in the buisness and they are reasonably priced.

Email me if you need the phone number.

benstackle at netzero dot net.

Benny

My dog goes to Kelley Animal Hospital in Circle Pines. They are really on top of their stuff their and take good care of him. If you are in need of decent priced vacs, try Dr. Walls in the Northtown Mall area.

Pine Ridge off of Bunker Lake Rd. is a very good vet. A little on the pricey side though. I switched over to Banfield (in Petsmart) by Riverdale. They have great prices when you get the pet insurance & they seem to do a excellent job.

I like Murray animal hospital which I think is in Mounds View. It's 5 min from my house in Blaine right by Riverdale I believe. I have not used any of the other mentioned vets though.

I have to second Pine Ridge in Andover as well (on Bunker Lake Blvd about 2 miles from the Blaine and Ham Lake borders). I also agree they tend to be on the pricey side but you trade that with multiple vets, longer hours daily and Saturday and although I've not needed it they do have the tanks for water rehab work, etc..

Honest truth is when we are out of town my GSP goes there for boarding as well and although you pay thru the nose for the suites, my wife trusts them and knows the dog gets good care and she is the one that wants the dog there. Tess gets to watch tv (usually Animal Planet)and goes outside three times a day (with daycare report of what she did outside--usually involves a walk and fetch with a tennis ball) and I get to pay for the stool test before she is allowed in and major piece of mind with family. Also the vets and techs give each dog a quick look over when they get dropped off which is "free". Worth it to me.