• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

new ovs 560 vs.ovs 500

Corey Bechtold

Question

I was waiting for the new OVS 560 to be released so I could get my hands on one. I was told they would be worth the wait and ready in November, then December, then late December, now I'm told that they won't be out until March! Is it really worth the wait? Won't the gears turning on the camera under the water scare fish? Are more moving parts going to be an issue? AAARGH! "OH what a world, what world" (Witch from The Wizard of OZ)

The lights I've heard are absolutely awesome on this unit. I have the top of the line Aqua-vu multi-color unit now and have come to the conclusion that it is pretty much useless in the dark. The problem is that the light reflects off of every particle in the water, so you see a lot of flotating particles and not much else.

The OVS-560 is unique in that the lights are set above the camera. Therefore, you don't see the light reflecting off the particles. I think you'll see Aqua-vu and others going this direction in the future as well. I've heard the lights on the 560 are simply amazing. I can't wait to try it out!

[This message has been edited by Dan Wood (edited 01-03-2004).]

Can anyone tell me what the price will be on the 560? I can't seem to find it anywhere.

I know it will be more than I want to spend but I had a z series aqua view the 1st year they came out and I had it for exactly 1 day. I couldnt see anything but floating particles. I am thinking that the extra dough for the 560 might be worth it.

Thanks, Dave