• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

great scenery pics

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

was out this morning about 8:00 on the st.louis river...i must admit i froze my fingers!.lol...only 18 degrees!......but i did manage a nice shot of the river......the fish weren't cooperating much this morning i might add!....if you look "closely".you'll see a fishermen on the far bank of the river..here's the same view taken with a telephoto on the 2nd pic

DSCF1848copyst.louisst.louis.jpg

with the telephoto on full....

DSCF1846copy.jpg

OK, it worked. been trying to upload digital pitchers, looks like I finally did it.

that photo was at larsen lake in itasca co., at the state camp ground. larsen lake is the holder of the state record splake, which I fished for with no luck.

hey knoppers!.....nice pic...(i know that pic...public landing i think ..dock should be to the right out of site on your pic)

i've spent many hours on larson lake through the years....mainly rainbows but years ago got into some brookies also(even saw a guy with a huge northern about 15 pounds or so at the landing a few years ago.probably fed on rainbows)..yes you're right...the states splake record is out of there at 13pounds+...the record was broke twice in a week ...through the ice...an old neighbor of mine.pete peterson(years ago) had the record for a week then another fella took it away...larson has a nice campground...stayed there a couple years ago but only got 1 rainbow on that outing...great scenery there with some of the states largests stands of norway pines on the road into larson ...i'll have to dig up some pics of the larson trips...

I took the picture with my Fuji Finepix digital camera (fully zoomed in) I usually end up taking more pictures of wildlife than I do in shooting animals... I almost enjoy it more. I hunt just north up Itasca State park, near a town called Alida by Upper Rice Lake.

You guys should post a few pics, I'm getting a complex taking up all the bandwidth. grin.gif

Here's a few ice fishing scenery pics...

CLicesceen3-420x312.jpg

Sundown after a day of chasing gills

icescene-420x307.jpg

An end to a great day

icescene3-420x278.jpg

Gotta love first ice!

icescene4-420x280.jpg

Gotta love last ice too! smile.gif

ottericesceen-420x312.jpg

The long haul after an early ice guide trip

Good Fishin,

Matt Johnson

A few open water scenery pics...

morningtakeoff2-420x316.jpg

Morning take-off for a tourny

low-420x317.jpg

An opening in the storm up on LOW

Scene-420x282.jpg

Uncle Kenny and Uncle Lit after a long day on the water

scene3-420x281.jpg

LOW in late July

scene4-420x286.jpg

LOW at its finest

turtle2-420x314.jpg

Mr. Turtle and Mrs. Turtle blush.gif

Good Fishin,

Matt Johnson

nice pics.....Matt!.like the one of that big snapper!...got a pic of a similar outing awhile back...painted turtles...i think i posted this one awhile back,not sure where...and a couple others from grassy bay on sand point(voyageur's park)

oxhide66.JPG

2004_0613sandpointpics0014copy-11.jpg

2004_0613sandpointpics0061copyrainbow.jp

2004_0613sandpointpics0052copy.jpg