• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

congressional steroid hearings

bucketmouth64

Anyone see any part of the steroid hearings? I caught very little, but my conclusion is that McGuire is hiding more about himself than ever before. He was the only one that was not open about the topic. He pleaded the 5th and was counseled by his attorney not to reply to certain statements. What he didn't say spoke volumes and that was evident by how the congressmen reacted. He is worried about him talking about subject would hurt his friends, former teammates, himself, and family. Well, what he didn't say is going to hurt worse because of his denial. What a fraud.

Yes, I would very much like to slap him one up along side the head....and his predesessor!

All the big name ballplayers will probably make it into the hall of fame, even though their performances were inhanced, and their activities illegal, both inside and outside of baseball.

Yet, quite possibly one of the very best, pure baseball players that has ever lived, "Charlie Hustle", Pete Rose, is being denied entry into the hall of fame and dinks like Selig are the ones taht have the say so.

He is the same one that was all for contracting the Twins, while his Brewers could barely beat a highschool team and the attendence was in the very basement. Conflict of interest, even collusion, I would say so!

Well, the panfish of Pokegama await and my partner is here so I have to scoot.

Watched the dog and pony show with all the pretty boys dodging the questions and Jose laying it on the line. I got two takes on the whole deal, first, I don't think Sammy knows what was said in that whole hearing. Amazing how somebody can live here so long and "no speaka de English". Second, I think that Mark McGuire looked as nervous as a hooker in the confessional! Later boys. Curt

i thought it was hilarious when one of the congressman called out Jose on the inconsitences of his testimony and what he said in his book

it was something to the fact that jose wrote that he thought steroids deserved a place in baseball and that they should be accepted by everyone.

What I found interesting was on ESPN yesterday when Sammy Sosa's chicago reporter Jay Marriotti reporting on him for ten years when he was a Cub stated that Sammy understands english fluently and speaks well even with the accent. It was all smoke and mirrors with the interpreter, and he believes Sammy was covering up along with McGuire and Palmiero. And baseball's response was to eliminate the fines??? and stick with suspensions, the 5 strike suspension I might add. I was a big McGuire fan as I am a fan of all the St.Louis Cardinals but his performance was embarassing to me as a fan. The only guy worth his salt on that panel was GM Kevin Towers.

I thought it was at least a little fishy when McGuire retired. He seemed to be near the top of his game, just a few years removed from breaking Maris' record, and, bang, he quits. Maybe there was more to it than I knew. Just seemed to be a curious move at the time.