• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Where are the Hoyt shooters?

Knute78

What does everyone think about Hoyt bows? I bought an 2004 XTEC last year and absolutly love it. I never hear many people consider, much less say much good about them when looking at buying a new bow, what's the deal? Don't get me wrong I shot plenty of the other bows (BowTech, Mathews etc...) and just found the XTEC suited me best when all was said and done. I guess that is the best thing you can do when buying a bow, shoot it and see how it feels. I just wanted some input on what people thought about them and why I rarely hear them mentioned with Mathews and Bowtech. Maybe this is just limited to my observations and the people I shoot with. I am just curious to hear some comments from fellow archery hunters.

Thanks,

Chad

I shoot a Havoctech and love it, accurate, fast and smooth. I tested the Matthews and other bows before making my decision but foung the Hoyt's to shoot better for me and fit me much better. And best of all they are a bit less expensive.

They are all at the shop looking at new Mathews. Kidding aside. Hoyts are really nice bows. I shot the big 3 and ended up with the Mathews. I did like the hoyts. Only they seemed to have a lot of hand shock compared to the bowtechs and mathews however The xtec I think is a great hunting bow.

I shoot a HavocTec with the Cam 1/2 system and really like it. Shot a few of the other bows and I guess I liked this one the best.Not really sure if there is a poor bow out there these days. They have come along ways in the last 10 years or so, don't you think?

I shoot a 2004 X-Tec and I love it!!! My dad has run his archery shop for nearly 30 years and at one time or another has had bows from most companies in his store. The last few years he's been staying with Hoyt #1 Seller, Darton, and Martin. He did have Matthews in his shop at one time, but had horrible customer service issues with them and discontinued stocking their stuff. It's pretty hard to beat Hoyt's customer service!!! To me that's what counts when you're a week or two away from going out on a hunt and a limb or something breaks. It's nice to know you're dealer is gonna be able to help you out. If you're interested in my dad's shop the web site it www itascaarchery dot com.

Brian