• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Mathews' New Switchback

Doop

I did not buy one, just looked at them. If I wouldn't have bought an Outback last fall I would have spent the extra and bought a Switchback now. They added a few nice features to the Outback.

I shoot A mathews bow, but its 5-years old. I personally wont buy a bow until the Mathews I shoot now stops killing deer. They make a very fine bow and the price reflects it. Sometimes I can buy a new bow, but usually I always end up shooting the same amount of deer every year. Mathews is always on the cutting edge for changes, but I figure the bow that now kills my game is still effective.If your looking at new bows, Mathews without a doubt make fine equip,the only thing that makes the bow great though is the hand on the bow with alot of pratice before and during. Should be a great bow and good luck hunting.

Quote:

I did not buy one, just looked at them. If I wouldn't have bought an Outback last fall I would have spent the extra and bought a Switchback now. They added a few nice features to the Outback.

Lucky guy- enjoy searching for that right bow. I had a Switchback in my hand a few weeks back and a one addt'l feature is they added more dampeners to the bow to make it quieter.

Otherwise I like my OUTBACK !!!

If you are looking at getting the Switchback, I would highly recommend trying out the Bowtech Allegiance. Sweet bow. I tried both the switchback and Allegiance and ended up with the Allegiance. Loved there new technology with the Binary cams. Also it is fast and deadly accurate. Quietier also then the Mathews i think.

But you have to decide what fits you the best. Good luck with your purchase. My wife also let me make the purchase after nagging about it long enough. I am man enough to know that she wears the pants in my family. LOL

They are both fast and quiet and I shot them both side by side. I liked the draw cycle of the Switchback that is why I ended up with the Mathews. The bowtech was nice also though. But just didn't feel as good in my hands.

Just like most manufactures mathews keeps coming out with the "new & better" line of bows. What will it be next year the "Go-back". I myself think its a marketing ploy to sell more bows. Alot of buyers think they have to have the latest and greatest. I do not shoot mathews but my son does and he is taken in by there marketing skeems and of cource wants the newest product line. What gets me is he wanted bad and I got it for him (Legacy) and now he thinks it is not there best,,, well he will have to by the next one him self. I don,t mean to ramble on but it gets to me.

hi Mitch

A good friend of mine just bought one and has put about 50 arrows through it. I was shooting with him and watching. (I am old school low tech myself, but watching made me question this attitude).

Anyway I was especially impressed with:

The speed, 20yds faster then you could blink.

Quiet. I heard the arrows stike noise more then the bow

Stability. The bow barely moved in my buddies hand upon release.

The one thing that made me flinch was the price. with release, accessories,etc. my buddy was right on the $1000 mark. Ouch!

best wishes

Quote:

Just like most manufactures mathews keeps coming out with the "new & better" line of bows. What will it be next year the "Go-back". I myself think its a marketing ploy to sell more bows. Alot of buyers think they have to have the latest and greatest.

It is nothing other than a successful marketing campaign. In our market driven society, innovations are not produced unless they have potential for profit. Without the 'new and improved' model each year, Matthews would not be able to maintain their status, and keep producing quality products. In my opinion though, the difference between your son's legacy and the more current models are negligable. The legacy is still a SWEET shooting bow, and it should last him for many years to come. I think you've got the right idea in having him cough up the dough if he wants to upgrade though, i think the price tag will make him appreciate what he has. Although if he does by it, you could probably get his Legacy as a 'hand-me-down.' That's how my old man's equipment is upgraded grin.gif

I totally agree...if the market stopped buying these new bows with innovative- NEW technologies on them, these manufactors would definately go out. Mathews is a great bow, but to have to pay $680-750...close to $800 for a new bow- just sick.

Until the user stops buying the new stuff, they will always be priced higher than they should sell.