• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Canadarago

Tank, Manning and Billy are on Darago and I left a message with Z and CNY Bruce that if they were available to go down and fish with our southern ice brothers. I hope they have a good day catching.

• Replies 214
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Quote:

Glad your here . . .want to read more on your blog!

Thanks for the welcomes , guys !

CNY Frank, I actually transmitted to my blog from the ice on Darago on Saturday http://cooperstownbassfishing.blogspot.com/

We were out once again all day yesterday, but this time we were out from the boat launch. I caught a nice carp through the ice. We also caught over 50 perch, but all where dinks. All were released. On the way off of the ice, we were greeted by DEC grin.gif He was a nice guy and we talked a bit.

Heading out to Wilber Lake Right now, while we have ice.

It's always nice to see the kids having fun on the ice? I like the fact you got your partner outfitted right! Floatation device, ice pics and whistle. Teach em young to respect the ice and they will remember. Thanks for sharing your pictures there. Were probably fishing Canadarago tomorrow after hearing Tanks report last night.

RTF,

Nice pics! I can't wait to get my daughter and son out on the ice! My daughter is 2.5 years old and my son is 5 weeks old.

My daughter fished out of our boat this past September during our annual Canada fishing trip to Wolfe Lake. It was her first time fishing, and on her first 'cast' she caught a smallmouth! Something that I will never forget. She and I actually used one of my ice fishing rods with a marmooska jig tipped with spikes. Even though it was a small fish, it didn't matter at all to me and her!!

spic6yr.jpg

Timmy,

Save some fish for me.....I maybe heading up your way Saturday depending on how you guys do tomorrow. Good luck and I'll be thinking of you guys while I am stuck at work mad.gif

What a memory pic there John, that's beautiful. Your in the same boat as Tuzzy tomorrow he will unfortunately be at work too walking aimlessly around my office and thinking about how were doing out there on C and why in the heck he didn't call in sick. tongue.gif

Fished Wednesday from about 7am to 4pm....had minimal luck. Caught about 30, kept 1 if that tells you anything my buddie kept 2, very off day for that place. Couldnt find any slobs, had a solid 12" of ice, full sun, strong winds...typical! Also put out the tip ups, had two good flags missed both...the one was screamin....went to sleep with visions of that big potential tiger i might have missed. Also caught a 15" Cisco...I didnt even know what it was, never caught one before, looked like a sucker!

Kyle

CNY-Kyle,

If you were in the same area that I know of, that muskie has made its rounds. I know it has a 6 inch piece of St Croix rod hanging from it thanks to a friend of mine, with a bunch of lures hanging out of its mouth. That thing is smart and strong. Heck, with all of the things attached to it, it might look like a well decorated Christmas tree!

Stay away from that musky he's mine! If I ever get him I will take pictures of his remains for all to see. Do you think St. Croix will want 1/2 of that rod back when I land him? laugh.gif

Kyle glad you can join us again should be a hoot tomorrow. Remember to try to post the day or the day after so we can try to keep reports current. Priorities son priorities! grin.gif

Johnny went through the gear and rods and I am bringing two St. Croix's and two Thorne Bros.rods... The TB rods are for slinging and the St. Croix Legends are for fun strumming. Frank will like this I got a 1/12 oz. Kastmaster on the 4lb., Demon Jigging spoon on the 3 pd., size 4 wolfie and a size 3 wolfie on each St.Croix. with 2 lb. I'm ready... Let the games begin. Going to use rubber tomorrow., which reminds me not to forget the Kodak EasyShare CD43. I'll be thinking about you partner at work frown.gif Not! grin.gif

Good luck tomorrow, guys. I have a feeling everyone will do good. I looked at my solunar table, and the hot bite is supposed to be between 10am and Noon. Make sure you concentrate during that period. I will be thinking of you at work.

Got the Ok to go Saturday, so I will see some of you then.

Quote:

Also caught a 15" Cisco...I didnt even know what it was, never caught one before, looked like a sucker!

I called mine a carp, but I think it was also a Cisco. Big diamond shape scales, kinda silvery ????? Caught it on the bottom.

Anyhow good luck guys for those going today. The temp should hit 40, but you wont feel it out there. We are at about 5 degree's right now at the lake.

It 7:30am right now, and I am at work thinking about how many you guys have on the ice right now. laugh.gif

Going to get my stuff ready tonight for Saturday. Put some fresh 2lb P-Line CX Premium on my two St Croix's and gotta dust of my Freching rod just in case!!

You got it man...looked just like a carp...had more of a sucker mouth tho....pure silver and big diamond scales.

Yeah I sure the guys are having a blast out there right now! I got stuck working today....Maybe Sat!

Well I am low man on totem poll yet again, as I only had 10 keepers 5 hogs and Frank had 15 hogs and a slammer 14"., Tank and Billy both limited out. The bite was kinda finicky at times and Frank and I moved to the shallows around 10 o'clock and as the story goes we probably should have stayed deep. But you know Frank, if we were fishing in a desert you can be sure he will catch the biggest perch in it. Franky caught a beautiful smally and I lost two smallmouths and caught a few pig rock bass., Franky also caught about a 15" fall fish too.

Johnny - Freching was in but it seemed like we left the deep water a bit early grin.gif

Manning was out there as well he left early from the deep water and probably had a limit as well. You know me I was looking for that Tiger and I thought I might of had him a couple of times but the closest thing we got to it was Frankies 22" Northern.

Johnny - Frank found a spoon that worked well early in the deep water citrus forage minnow jig, yep single hook 1/16 oz. with a single mousie. I'm putting that on the 3 pound rod cause yes siree buddy my replacement St. Croix's arrived. Yeah!

I caught some of my bigger perch on a green/charteuse 1/16 oz. Glo Devil tipped with spikes in da shallows. Franky didn't feed them Kastmasters today to much they weren't in the full course meal mode to often in the shallows, but oh that forage minnow.. grin.gif.

Timmy,

Just got back from dinner over at my sister and brother-in-law's. I couldn't wait to see your report.

Sounds like it slowed a little....but not for Frank. Hey, are you sure he doesn't keep his previous day's fish alive somehow and recycles them the next time out? grin.gif

I was thinking that with a slight low pressure system moving in, everyone would have their limit and then some. But, from the couple of times there and talking with you guys, it seem like bite is better on brighter, full sun days.

Did you try further south in the pre-spawn staging areas, say in 20-25 FOW? Just wondering if anyone went way down there.