• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Old Honda 3 wheelers

irvingdog

I can get an old dinosaur for 100 bucks. Can they get through any snow with those knobby balloon tires? Can they pull worth squat? I'd like to use it to get out on frozen lakes, and avoid driving my truck on the ice.........

All depends what you are satified with, my 2nd son had one, unstable, likes to tip, one wheel will spin out without chains, doesn;t like to turn on ice, have to use extreme caution when loading and unloadind but other wise reliable machine, he had a honda.

I have an '85 'Big Red' 250. Gets around fine, except in the deepest snow. A previous post was right in that it is harder to turn on the ice...but as far as stability, on a frozen lake that's not much of an issue...

I get around pulling a portable fine, and I can even pull my 6x8 permanent with it...just barely, but I can...

Very reliable. When I upgrade my ATV (the day will come eventually) I will be hard pressed to get anything other than another Honda...

I have an old '82 Kawasaki 250 3-Wheeler. I can pull the portable all over the lake. I don't think you'll have any problems. Especially spending $100...If it's in decent shape, you got yourself one heck of a deal! grin.gif

Irvingdog, dude, snap it up pronto!!!!! Even if it is a piece of junk it is worth more than that just for parts. These things aren't old. they are "classic".

I have a 2000 yamaha kodiak 4 wheeler and I love it but sometimes I long for the days when I was tearing around on the 1984 honda 185s. So light and easy to manuver. I get tears in my eyes just thinking about it.

And you can't hardly kill those motors they put in those things. You could fill the crank case up with gravel instead of oil and it would just laugh at you and say "is that all ya got" and keep right on purring down the road.

Good luck Irvingdog and may the 3-wheeling force be with you.