• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

NOVA

kc0myy

My pump gun is a Wingmaster but I talked to Tom Knapp about the nova and saw him do some pretty impressive things with it. It sounds like it is a heck of a gun and if I wasn't trying to complete my colection of all the shotgun actions I would pick one up for sure.

Bought one for my son, nice gun, he should get a life time of use out of it, only thing is the forearm is a bit noisy. The forearm is loose and rattles when you carry it...so be extra careful if you need to be completely quiet.

I have a Nova in my collection of hunting arsenal and love it. I usally use it for geese and turkeys and simply am a big fan of it's action and reliability in the field. I also will admit its forearm is a little noisy so this must be considered when using it for turkeys. All in all the gun has been reliable and has never let me down.

I bought a Benelli Nova last fall for duck hunting (tired of worrying about scratching up/dropping into the water my Remington 1100). Great gun, haven't tried the 3 1/2 shells yet, though (they look HUGE). shocked.gif

I have had one for two full seasons as my back up gun. My main gun is a Browning Gold 3.5" and it works for max one day of a hunting trip so the Benelli gets a lot of use. I have dropped had it out in freezing rain and the ice just flew off it when I was chucking 3.5" at snow geese. It has not jammed once and it shoots great. I would recommend one to anybody. The forarms do rattle a little bit, but that is the only thing wrong that I have found. Great workhorse, but kicks like a mule with 3.5"s. I put in the mercury shock absorber and that has really helped.

My gun has jammed up on me but. I shot a 3.5 and I unloaded it slow the old shell did not ejacted and the new shell was out of the magzine and the old and new shell got pinched. so to avoid that unload 3.5 fast. BUT I LOVE MY NOVA

Bushwacker...Why keep the Gold if it doesn't work? I wonder if anyone has a Gold that's any good. I have not heard a single person that has one that likes it...

My brother has a Nova and its an OK gun. It comes apart nice for cleaning with the cap being able to knock the pins out. That's its best feature in my mind.

I still prefer the 870's. I think they are the best pump gun ever designed...

The Gold actually works pretty well for trap shooting in my summer league. It probably jammed less than any other gun on our team. That is what is so frusterating, because if the gun is in controlled(clean) environments it shoots all day, a little dust makes it a single shot.

I have one and love it. born and raised with an 870 and have no complaints about that gun either. I also have a Browning Citori that I used for several years, but the Nova is my main gun now. Shoot lots of ducks and geese and those 3.5" are the ticket. Also have 2 turkeys with it. Can't say enough about the Nova. check the user name, should say it all. smile.gif

Thought I would throw in my 2 cents on the Nova. I picked one up last spring and have really been very pleased. As smooth a pump as I have shot and I have shot a few. 870 is a great gun and I have owned a few Itacha model 37's and they are dead reliable. The forearm is a little noisy but the simplicity and design of the gun is very impressive. If I really want to get spoiled my gradfather has the super black eagle and wow thats a smooth autoloader and fun to shoot.

Jay R