• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Delta Lake

Fished Delta today from 8 a.m to 2:30 p.m... Cut 5-6" of ice with an 1" of slush on top. Caught some perch not to much action but caught what I marked 6 keepers and a 25" northern. Sorry I had to put the phone down Johnny but that northern was giving me all I could handle on 3 pd. test. I'm good to go for tomorrow. I called my boss and he's getting a sub for me. Four straight days of ice fishing, it don't get any better than that. Call me John!

Tim,

You were getting me excited on the phone today blush.gif. Me sitting in my office calling you on the ice and you say to me to wait a minute because you have a nice pike on was cool. Then, I heard the water splash in your hole and you yelling holly $#it three or four times!!

I am in for tomorrow, also. I will call you later regarding what time to meet, etc. By the way, tomorrow's moon chart says it is the best fishing day of the month, plus with the low pressure coming through it should be an added bonus. CYA

grin.gif

They are drawing water out of Delta again. Last time it shut the fish off for several days. It seems that late Fridays they stop drawing the water down, but the fish really don't get a chance to recover. I would place my bets on the main channel vs the back sets for now until they figure out at what level they want the water to be.

Well you ever have one of those days when things just don't go very well. Well today was one of them. Tuzzy and I arrived at the winter entrance early after a nice breakfast at Eddies diner. Got the stuff unloaded and ready to hook up to his 2002 Honda Rancher ES at the lovely -13 temperature. It was very cold and the battery didn't have a enoungh "umph" to get it going so after about 20 pulls with the recoil it fired up and out we went NW of Stokes and started in about 15' of water after about 15 min. fishing we didn't mark any fish so decided to move to the point as there were 6 or so shanties straddling it from 24' down to 16', well this is where the fun part began we basically spent the next 4 hours trying to get the Honda refired. I am no expert on quads but I tell you one thing with the temps being this cold and it was my rig I would have had a full tank of fuel and a splash of dri-gas in it because of the cold temps and possibility of ice in the fuel lines. Well Jerry had about a half tank and the only way it would run was to have the reserve tank on yet it looked like there was 1/2 tank of fuel in it? Well after applying both of our heaters to the underside of the Honda we got it fired and left it running to fish about 15 minutes or so off the point in 18' but decided it was better that we get back in and try another day. So that was our fishing day so I hope whoever got out had a better day than we did.

Fished out of stokes cove with a lot of activity on the ice. Managed a few nice perch and a couple eyes. Perch on a forage minnow with a red honey worm t-boned and another good one was jammin jig bobber fry with a few spikes.

Fished out of Stokes with Tyler in 22'to 26', north of the point and caught 15 nice perch over 12" and a 13 1/4" slob and Tyler also picked up a couple of crappies on a Wolfram size 10 with green bead, a nice 12" and 13" and man were those whites thick! We had a blast! We had dinks to keep us busy too.

Tyler had the hot hole late and spanked the old man good. Ripped a bunch of holes with the Strikemaster power auger today and enjoyed being out of the shack and moving, gotta face burn but it was a good day.

Balmy and warm on the ice and I hole hopped all day long. Home in time to enjoy some beverages before the big game. Go Patriots!

Tim, well you surely had a quality day with your son. Nice catch. We go a few jumbo perch in front of the blue tower. Fished in 40ft. of H2O. Only caught fish with the big stuff. Casmaster and Swedish Pimple tipped with spikes and minnows. Oh ya, I caught a kitty cat about 34ins and about 10 lbs, on 2 lbs test line. Oneida is getting pretty slushy right now. Got stuck two times on my way off the lake. Hope it gets cold proeety soon.

Rodney can't wait for the LX3. I gave him his lessons today, he is ready to explore, Thanks for the help.

Yeah I talked to Rod after I talked to you he sounds pretty excited.

My face feels looks like it was slapped around. Joe fried his face real good. There was this girl and her boyfriend and they took there black lab for a walk on the lake and they were in short sleeves???

Fished along the camp grounds on Sunday . . .no one else there as far as the eye could see. Lots of small perch and and then 4:45, the girls moved in. Iced 6 before they move off . . . average size 11.5 inches but about the same size around. Put them all back hopefully they won't remember the hole. Brought them in with a gold castmaster and then caught them with a glow pink ratso about a size 12 tipped with spikes.

Fished Delta today out of AOK and fished from 9' to 15'. Tyler and I caught perch all day, mostly on the small side but I picked up two over 12" and thirteen better than 11" for supper. Orange glow forage minnows and green bro bug tipped with spikes. Tyler got big fish again with a 20" northern. Nice day on the ice it was. Snow was starting to squish down and the walking was easier coming off the ice than it was going on. Another day like this and will start to see slush, yuck...

Fished Delta today with Tyler and caught a bunch of small perch only a handful over 9". Winter entrance in in 12' to 15' of water. Marked a few crappies late but couldn't get em to eat our offerings.

It hasn't started yet Lee I knew it when I went out with Tyler and there was only one guy in the entrance besides us.

You can find em anywhere from the first point out, 12 to 15'. But most reports have been 1 to 3 all winter. My friend Kevin caught a 16.5" on a tip up last month he's having mounted. I did notice alot of dead northerns on the ice Saturday the seagulls and the crows were feasting heavily on the carnage.

It used to be at late ice but the crappies have taken a pounding the last two years and catching 1-5 seems to be the most common. Will see. I use to get em on jigs and spikes but minnows seem to be more effective.

Tim, I did really good on BB early but haven't been on our lake since south shore tourn. BB should be getting hot soon and a couple of other places i know on the lake. Lets hook up for an evening / crappie night trip.