• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

ATV chains

JoeTC

I was thinking about getting chains to put on my ATV for ice fishing and I was wondering if someone could tell me how well they work. Someone told me that they don't help too much in the snow and I wanted to now how deep of snow I should be able to get through and if the chains will help. Thank you.

I just put chains on my 650 4*4. I used a 500 polaris in the mountains in Idaho last year Mt. Lion hunting and we went almost everywhere that the snow mobile did just a little slower. the chains dug down in the deep snow and grabbed great. If you buy them make sure you get the v bar ones. Also if you are getting them for minnesota you dont have to worry about snow. we never get any.j/k. laugh.gif They will help on bare ice for stopping and pulling. Cheap investment also. Hope this helps good luck.

Thanks for all the info guys.

Macgyver-Thanks for the offer. I'm going to school right now in Fargo so I don't know if I'd be able to get them from you but if I'm interested I'll post back or send you an email. I'm sure my dad will probably just pick up a new pair sometime. Thanks again.

Snow is like anything else, if it is deep enough to high center you it wont matter what you have on for tires or chains. In snow on ice I would say chains will give that extra advanage of bite on the ice when getting close to being or not being hight centered.