• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Ice Fishing Show....Awesome

honda400ex_treme

I thought the Ice fishing show at the St. Paul River Center was awesome. I got some good deals on stuff. I got a light action rod $5 and some new lures for cheap. My dad bought a Eskimo Barricuda 8" ice auger for 275.00 delivered to our door. did i mention no sales tax on that tongue.gif timber lodge has $1 off coupons. I hope all of you don't miss it. Have a great weekend

I also had a blast. Ive been to many of these so much of it is old hat but I still had fun. Meeting so many Fmers was a blast. My main goal was to check out the Nilsmaster ice augers and JR's tackles new Ice Reels. I was impressed with both. I bought a Nilsmaster and 3 reels. Also got a bunch of the new Mini Flashlights for stocking stuffers.

Of course I got some tackle and a couple hangers for my Otter so I can hand jackets, radios etc. out of the way and dry. Also got a 25watt lighting system for my house.

Checked out the airplugs booth. Man if I had a permanent house I would get some. Great idea and it sure is nice not having to drill your holes over and over.

Northlander-

I missed ya. I swung by JRs, met BDR, but you weren't around. Will catch you another time.

You are right about the airplugs. If I hadn't blown my ice fishing budget for the year, I'd definitely be putting some of those in my permanent house.

Airplugs are a inflatable plug that you put in your icehole while you are gone. The airpressure in the plug seals up the hole and the pressure put against the walls of the hole keeps them open till you come back deflate them a bit, pull them out and get to fishing. Great idea for those guys with permanent houses.

Hansen I was all over all night. Sorry I missed ya.

I went this morning, picked up a new Clam and a St. Croix rod. decent deals, but not what I was hoping for. frown.gif

I had a guy at the Scheels booth tell me that Clamcorp told them that the prices were non-negotiable. Wonder why they'd do that? confused.gif

I saw a lot of cool new stuff, and am itching to walk on the water now... I mean, NOW!!! grin.gif

All in all, good show. Just wish that the dealers would've been allowed to barter a bit more. grin.gif